Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can one change all cells to 100.0 in every gear and all TPS? Wouldn't that make 1 to 1 throttle to throttle blades?

·
Registered
450 Posts
ETV map is the ratio from throttle input to the output. if 100% the ratio is 1:1. TPS is a sensor that reads the position of throttle blade. I haven't try put everything at 100% but by theory, it should work, meaning making 1:1 ratio from throttle input to output. because the throttle input is not 90 degree it would make it hard to control the bike. in another hand, the software may have failsafe which would put the ECU in limp mode if that happens.

·
Registered
40 Posts
im constantly playing with the ETVs. The bike will run perfectly fine. Its comparable to removing them. For example.... notice how neutral has much more aggressive ETV tables compared to the "in gear" tables.

If you have the software.... experiment. Thats what ive been doing. I HATE the factory ETV tables. I personally think the bike has terrible manners. You have to give it a fair amount of throttle in the lower rpm/tps to get the bike to move. Then it just "turns on" around 4k and starts going on its own. So far... thats the ETV tables. Also... alot of the twitchy throttle comes from the secondaries being too open at low tps. Ive reduced the angle of them quite a bit for smoother on/off throttle. And opened them up more from 5-30% TPS so it doesnt seem so lazy.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Its all very well adjusting them at will to better refine various parts of response using the butt dyno, but without adjusting your fuel map to suit all your doing is either restricting air flow to richin the fuel ratio or increasing air flow to lean out the fuel ratio, please be careful.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The Gen 5 doesn't have sondary throttle blades. Don't know what you're adjusting.

Would be quite interesting what happens when you make the map 1:1.

Its the same reading about secondaries, ones say you should not keep it open by map all the time. This could result in a poor airflow. Others delete them completly and say the bikes are running great.

Sometimes it is confusing...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dyno'd it last week and changed ETV to 100% every where but =<10% TPS. When you watch TPS while on the dyno, you see how much of a delay there is in getting to WOT. I did take it for a short ride but it was too cold for a long ride. It did feel more responsive but I also put a full Akra exhaust on and tuned it. When it gets warmer I'll be able find out how much better it is.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Wow, interesting. But a little what I tought. How bout you pros in tuning? Is that a good or bad way?

What power and torque did you get? Do you have a graph?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Looking very good. Straight up all the way. How did she feel in WOT from the low rpms? Did you have to play with the throttle to get this beautiful line?

Asking cause since a got my ECU flashed a had a little stuttering down low when open throttle wide and quick. Tought it would be a to agressive ATV map maybe...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have only ridden it once since the dyno and only for about 15 minutes because it's cold here. I rolled the throttle to wot once and it felt great. With my 2008 cbr1000rr I could rip it wot and it would go. With my gen4 I learned you have to roll the throttle. I'll find out more when it warms up around here but I assume I'll have to roll the throttle.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Started out tuning using O2 from his setup/dyno but then he noticed Woolich O2 matched his so he completed tuning watching O2 Woolich display. I'll use Woolich to make some AF adjustments when it warms up and I ride.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts