Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 2017ZX10RR and i plan to flash my ecu, but don´t know about usb or logbox yet.
As i read in Woolich product list, i get only this list what the flash make adjustable

Features available for Kawasaki ZX10R 2016-2017
IAP Fuel Maps
TPS Fuel Maps
Electronic Throttle Valve Maps
Ignition Timing Maps
Ignition Dwell Maps
Autoblipper (no additional cost)
Race Shift Pattern (no additional cost)
Fuel Trim Maps
Adjust RPM Limiters
Adjust Idle RPM
Adjust Fan Temperature
Exhaust Valve Opening Maps
Intake Flap Opening Maps
Disable Top Speed Limiter
Disable Stock O2 Sensor
Disable Fuel Cut
Disable PAIR Valve
Disable Exhaust Valve
Disable EVAP Canister
Woolich Racing AutoTune
Real Time Engine Data
Diagnostics: Read and Clear Fault Codes

BUT!!!!

If i look in woolich search engine i also find this list:

The latest version of the Woolich Racing Tuned software adds the following features for the 2016-2017 Kawasaki ZX10R.

- KEBC - Engine Braking Maps
- Race Dash Display (Large Gear Position)
- Stock Quickshifter Kill Times (per gear)
- Disable Purge Valve
- Disable Acceleration Fuel Compensation
- Front Tyre Diameter
- Rear Tyre Diameter

Why do they not add this features to the product list????

Or is this list even longer????? Where do i find all the features after a woolich flash?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,726 Posts
Howdy!

The problem with your thinking is these features have nothing to do with the "flash" itself. These are optional features available in the SOFTWARE. Software is constantly updated after the "product" is released. The website is not an all inclusive list. And these features again are optional. So you don't "reflash" the ECU and everything is available. You have to select which features you want and then flash it. You reflash it again if you want updates or changing things.

So you should be looking at the software features and updates for versions and not at the product list. The product itself is just to interface to the ECU and give you the capability to change things within it. That list was initially created back years ago when it was released and they work more on the software than the website to keep it updated. :wink:

Reactions: rcannon

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
you mean all the listed feutures are not free to use after a flash? Only those with " (no additional cost)" ?

I wood like to use the following:
Race Dash Display (Large Gear Position)
Adjust Idle RPM
Disable Exhaust Valve (i hope this mean what we called exup, that i allready remowed and generated an error message)

and maybe also:
Disable Fuel Cut
Adjust Fan Temperature
Disable Acceleration Fuel Compensation (not shure what its mean)

Do i have to pay extra for all the feutures without "(no additional cost)" sign?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,726 Posts
No, that's not how this works. That's not how any of this stuff works. :lol:

You are spending money on the hardware that interfaces to the ECU. The software is free. You just can't use the software without the hardware to interface to it and the BIN file specific to your bike. That's what you're buying. These features are supported by the current version of the software whether you choose to enable them or not.

These features are all available in the software for that model.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, let se i got it:
i go to my Hungaryan tuner, he has a contact to woolich and he has even a dyno and he has a specific woolich cable he said
i pay 100 dollar fee for opening my ECU (is this the same as buying the BIN file specific to my bike?)
than is there onother charge to woolich for the flashing? how much?
than i tell my tuner all the feutures what i want to adjust for no extra charge to woolich?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,726 Posts
ok, let se i got it:
i go to my Hungaryan tuner, he has a contact to woolich and he has even a dyno and he has a specific woolich cable he said
i pay 100 dollar fee for opening my ECU (is this the same as buying the BIN file specific to my bike?)
than is there onother charge to woolich for the flashing? how much?
than i tell my tuner all the feutures what i want to adjust for no extra charge to woolich?
So, you're taking it to someone who will reflash it for you? Then this whole thread is pointless. Contact them and see what they charge. Asking about the WR features and cost is really not relevent if you're not going to buy the stuff and do the work yourself. No one here will know anything related to what your tuner is doing/charging you for that stuff. :dontknow:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Guhl motor ecu flash can do more then the woolich flash. There is hidden software in the ecu that guhl motors found. It's the noise control this hidden software changes your fuel map and timing on the fly to meet regulations. So if you tune your bike the noise control with override it

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
215 Posts
Had that same issue when tuning my zx14r with woolich. Found out i had to disconnect the oem o2 sensor, otherwise it would mess around with the tune on the fly

·
Registered
718 Posts
It's not hidden.. you just don't need to mess with it if you disconnect the 02 sensor.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my bike gona be only trackbike, so the only thing i should do, disable the O2 sensor after flash
I have allready mounted decat pipe and slipon from a hungarien company Bodis, the first testing coming soon at Jerez racetrack

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
To the OP, you just need to coordinate with the shop/facility doing the tune on your bike. They will line up everything for you, explain the options available to you and then tune per your specifications and the conversation you guys have.

Anthony
Thanks
the biggest problem is that i don´t know every part of the possibilytis.
But you mean the flashing price at my shop is not depending on number of my wishes from the list.?
Was the above listing complete or the list of the possibilytis is much longer today? When yes, where do i find the complete list for ZX10RR 2017 flash?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They will go over that with you when you bring the bike in to them. There are things always being added/changed so the website may not have every single updated feature listed. That's why it's always best to check the software (if you have your own flashing setup) or talk with a tuner so they can check their software for you and let you know exactly what is in there at that time because who knows, there could be an update pushed out today, tonight, tomorrow where things have been added.

In response to your other question, no you will not have to pay extra for something on the list nor is the cost of what they charge you to tune your bike dependent on what options are available or options you choose - all of the things in the software are there and are there for free. The only extras you have to pay for is race tools which is not applicable on this model.
Thanks
what about race dash mode (bigger gearposition in the midle) ? possible?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts