Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
81 - 100 of 105 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts

· Registered
2017 ZX10R
244 Posts
How can i have the map? since im using a Zx10r 2020.. Mapshare wont let me download it. .. PLease assist.. appreciate in advance..
The ECU for the 5th gen changed in 2019, so you'll need to purchase a Woolich BIN file in order to access earlier (2016-2018) Gen 5 mapshares on Woolich's site.

BTW the created tune referenced in this thread is for a 2016 model.

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
I was reading a bit and discovered that unlike the 2015 Yamaha R1M ETV maps my Kawasaki ETV maps are different (of course they are) but the way the tables are done is completely different as well. The reason being a 1:1 ETV on the Yamaha R1M you just copy the TPS amount into the table to create a 1:1 ETV map. With the 2016 Kawasaki ZX10R ETV map to create a 1:1 map you put 100 in every value because the number entered is a percentage of the throttle at that TPS, so at 15% throttle if you have 100 as the value you get 15% throttle in all revs just like an old cable throttle. Just for fun I have a 1:1 ETV map on PWR 3 on my 2015 Yamaha R1M and just to try it out on the ZX10R I did the same settings and it was crap getting 15% of 15% throttle, not 100%. Alot of you probably already know this one but I just found it and it is very quick off the line using that map. I am doing a few autotunes to get the fueling aligned to the new ETV map on my L power map. I put a mapshare on Woolich Racing if anyone else is bored and wants to give it a try. It definitely needs autotuning though but it has made me think twice about the KRT Race ETV I use as Map F, Stock as Map M and 1:1 as map L. I like the fast launches and have only just begun to investigate what is possible with these ETV maps. Interesting.....

· Registered
2017 ZX10R
244 Posts
When I first began fiddling with Woolich about 2 years ago I recall one of the other popular Woolich Mapshares that had a 1:1 ETV map. It got great feedback and I think the reason it was so popular was because of the aggressive and responsive 1:1 ETV map, and not other parameters like the fuel/ignition. The 1:1 ETV map will definitely rip your arms off when grabbing a hand full of throttle from down low, and you can feel that constant power on tap at all RPMs. This is how the ETV map is setup in the Kit ECU and FlashTune's ECU Tune Kit, 100's in all cells.

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
When I first began fiddling with Woolich about 2 years ago I recall one of the other popular Woolich Mapshares that had a 1:1 ETV map. It got great feedback and I think the reason it was so popular was because of the aggressive and responsive 1:1 ETV map, and not other parameters like the fuel/ignition. The 1:1 ETV map will definitely rip your arms off when grabbing a hand full of throttle from down low, and you can feel that constant power on tap at all RPMs. This is how the ETV map is setup in the Kit ECU and FlashTune's ECU Tune Kit, 100's in all cells.
That is what I am trying out now. It needs a few more AutoTunes though. The F & M maps power wheelie but this 1:1 map seems to have a fantastic launch but bogs down in the middle revs compared to the other armripper maps. Maybe I need to make a new ETV with part of this map down low and the other map for the rest to get the best of both worlds. I got my new Bayliss Ducati Panigale V2 so it takes alot longer to get things done because I like riding all of my bikes!!!

I will get there, it is coming along nicely

· Registered
2017 ZX10R
244 Posts
That is what I am trying out now. It needs a few more AutoTunes though. The F & M maps power wheelie but this 1:1 map seems to have a fantastic launch but bogs down in the middle revs compared to the other armripper maps. Maybe I need to make a new ETV with part of this map down low and the other map for the rest to get the best of both worlds. I got my new Bayliss Ducati Panigale V2 so it takes alot longer to get things done because I like riding all of my bikes!!!

I will get there, it is coming along nicely

Congrats on your new bike!

I flashed the 1:1 ETV map to my bike yesterday and it doesn't bog down for me as you described. When I give it a hand full of throttle (100% throttle) at around 3000 RPM, initially there's a slight stutter down low but afterwards it hauls ass up to redline.

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Thanks! The Ducati V2 Bayliss is a nice bike, I have had fun doing some mods to it & already done 5000kms on it.

Back to the ZX-10R - the 1:1 ETV map after a few autotunes is alot better now. It did a nice long power wheelie this morning on my ride home from work. I think my choice of words last time that it "bogs down" was to harsh. Because it takes off so much better than the KRT Race ETV or the stock ETV I think when the maps align in the middle area because they take off slower it feels like they zoom off after they get going whereas this map you are already zooming so you miss that feeling from the slower starting ETV's. Anyway I have got it flying now off the line as well as the Armripper Top end so it is all smiles now, speed glorious speed!

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·

· Registered
2017 ZX10R
244 Posts
I downloaded and flashed your Low Power Mode Arm Ripper map to my Low Power Mode, but can't give it a spin until the weather improves in my area. I will report back afterwards.

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
Not yet!!! I did look at them at the same time as the ETV maps, it was either the Yamaha R1M or the ZX10R but one of them has a separate ETV maximum that overrides what you put in the ETV map as well. The standard injector balance looks pretty good, plus I spoke to a racer from the Isle of Mann on an english/British site years ago when I 1st got the ZX10R and he said the majority of his map is lower injector, 99% of it. That put me off trying my upper and lower injector tune back then. But no I haven't looked at playing with that yet....

· Registered
2017 ZX10R
244 Posts
Not yet!!! I did look at them at the same time as the ETV maps, it was either the Yamaha R1M or the ZX10R but one of them has a separate ETV maximum that overrides what you put in the ETV map as well. The standard injector balance looks pretty good, plus I spoke to a racer from the Isle of Mann on an english/British site years ago when I 1st got the ZX10R and he said the majority of his map is lower injector, 99% of it. That put me off trying my upper and lower injector tune back then. But no I haven't looked at playing with that yet....
This had caught my attention after reading this post...page 2 start at post #30.

I once tried the 50/50 split and my butt dyno felt a slight improvement in the 8000 + RPMs but I reverted back a stock map when one day I was riding pretty spirited and experienced something like a knock at high rpms. I couldn't pin point what was causing it so I changed my entire Bin file back to stock and started over with a fresh flash. The knock could've been attributed to something else but I played it safe and just started over.

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
This had caught my attention after reading this post...page 2 start at post #30.

I once tried the 50/50 split and my butt dyno felt a slight improvement in the 8000 + RPMs but I reverted back a stock map when one day I was riding pretty spirited and experienced something like a knock at high rpms. I couldn't pin point what was causing it so I changed my entire Bin file back to stock and started over with a fresh flash. The knock could've been attributed to something else but I played it safe and just started over.
Everything is intertwined so it can be dangerous just to go 50/50 on something like that, looking at the stock injector balance it is mainly the lower injector all the way, even at 100% it is still 70.3 lower injector & 29.7 upper injector. Obviously they both have to add up to 100 combined. Looking at the stock numbers they only change by 2 up to a maximum of 5.8 then lower again over the TPS range. Did you go 50/50 over the whole rev range? Or at a certain TPS?

81 - 100 of 105 Posts