Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
41 - 60 of 105 Posts

· Registered
2017 ZX10R
244 Posts
F is my favourite too, I am dying to hurry up and finish the other 2 maps so I can go back to my F mode map full time, that is the standout one to me. Seeing the difference on the maps as well, to think 99.9% of people have the fuel groups combined and the low injector as the map for both. They are missing out on some serious speed!

:cool:
I imagine that by grouping them together Woolich made it easier for novices to auto tune. It makes sense that auto tuning to each injector would bring positive benefits, and I guarantee you that tuning the upper/lower injectors for each individual cylinder would yield positive results. However, I would think that would takes ages to complete.

Also I flashed your Race ETV to my Low Mode and there's a definite difference in the way the Race ETV accelerates with your auto tuned fuel map, much so better than the ETV map I posted earlier. So far I'm liking it and will ride with the Race ETV map a few days to see if I will permanently switch over to it. I will most likely switch since you auto tuned your map with this ETV and for me to get the full benefits of it, I'd much prefer to run it the way it was tuned for.

Are there any other easter eggs you would like to share?

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I imagine that by grouping them together Woolich made it easier for novices to auto tune. It makes sense that auto tuning to each injector would bring positive benefits, and I guarantee you that tuning the upper/lower injectors for each individual cylinder would yield positive results. However, I would think that would takes ages to complete.

Also I flashed your Race ETV to my Low Mode and there's a definite difference in the way the Race ETV accelerates with your auto tuned fuel map, much so better than the ETV map I posted earlier. So far I'm liking it and will ride with the Race ETV map a few days to see if I will permanently switch over to it. I will most likely switch since you auto tuned your map with this ETV and for me to get the full benefits of it, I'd much prefer to run it the way it was tuned for.

Are there any other easter eggs you would like to share?
I would definitely use the ETV that came with each autotuned map as the fuel map is autotuned with that ETV. A fuel map changes significantly with each different ETV map & you would not be getting the full speed of the tune.

I think the main reason they "maintain fuel groups" & "maintain cylinder offsets" & the other 2 etc is that dyno shops that use Woolich are on a timeframe to get a bike tuned so all of those things speed up the process whereas with autotuning it myself I have unlimited time to try different ideas. I am sure if a dyno tuning shop had this upper & lower injector map they would just use it as a baseline map and do slight adjustments to suit the customers bike. I have no doubt. I had my Yamaha R1M dyno tuned and I saw on his computer other R1M's he had tuned with Woolich and he was doing exactly what I said, loading another customers map as a baseline then tuning it to suit my bike. Faster for them and more $$$ for less time. I was surprised how much better my R1M went after I fitted the Woolich Racing autotune to it. I used the dyno as my base map and it made that even faster. Riding in real air and outside as compared to a box in a dyno shop gets way better results.

I love Woolich autotuning and learning everything. I have a Ducati Panigale V2 Bayliss edition on order and I will be very very tempted to put Woolich on that and learn how to tune a Ducati. I was going to trade in my ZX-10R but this latest tune has made such a difference I think I can no longer part with it. I ride it everyday, already clocked up 54,000kms on it with not one problem. That will be 4 bikes though.....

· Registered
2017 ZX10R
244 Posts
Not sure why the TPS goes to 139 either? Computers. If anyone knows the answer let me know. How can you have 139% throttle??? You can't put any higher than 100% as the result. Funny.....
Weird indeed...I assume it was introduced during one of the many Woolich updates and we're just now noticing it.

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Weird indeed...I assume it was introduced during one of the many Woolich updates and we're just now noticing it.
I am up to F=7, M=6 & L=5 autotunes. I had a couple of night shifts so I was able to get some good runs.
I have a week off now so no autotuning with the kids around. If you want me to chuck that version onto Mapshare let me know. I am almost finished, but could be 2 or 3 weeks to get the riding time. F is finished, M is only 1 more 5% run from finished and L is only 2 x 5% runs from finished. They all fly

Cheers

Ash

· Registered
2017 ZX10R
244 Posts
I am up to F=7, M=6 & L=5 autotunes. I had a couple of night shifts so I was able to get some good runs.
I have a week off now so no autotuning with the kids around. If you want me to chuck that version onto Mapshare let me know. I am almost finished, but could be 2 or 3 weeks to get the riding time. F is finished, M is only 1 more 5% run from finished and L is only 2 x 5% runs from finished. They all fly

Cheers

Ash
Most definitely chuck it out there!! I surely appreciate it. Thanks Ashley.

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
No worries, here is a link.

Have fun! It is funny the standard ETV on Maps M & L the IAP maps are identical on upper and lower injectors after each Autotune but the TPS maps have massive changes between the upper & lower injectors like they are supposed too. The F map changed the IAP maps and had differences between the upper & lower injectors. That shows how a different ETV map can affect the fuel map & therefore requires it's own autotune. The Yamaha R1M taught me that one because it has 1 fuel map but 4 power modes which are nothing more than 4 different ETV maps.

Rip those arms out!!! lol

· Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
1,197 Posts
Untick that box in the picture and then when you gather autotune data you will see in the fuel maps you have lower injector and upper injector separately. The data is then just autotuned to the lower injector TPS and IAP maps and then the same to the upper injector TPS & IAP maps. Just like normal autotune log files but apply autotune to the injectors separately. You will see when you select lower injector you will have all of the log files and can apply autotune, then when you select upper injector it will load all of the log files for it and you apply autotune again. On the 3D view they don't look hugely different but if you change the view to % change and flick back and forth from lower to upper you can see the autotune making big changes between them. Plus you can also autotune the IAP maps without getting the annoying stalling issue.

Previously those maps are unified and identical. I was thinking to myself on my old 1971 V8 that has a Holley with 2 fuel jets, the primary is one size and the secondary is a bigger size. I thought if the bike has 2 separate injectors for each cylinder surely it would autotune them separately and they are very different after so far 6 autotunes. The bike is ripping my arms out, it is absolutely flying. I could take it further and do individual cylinders as well..... But just this change has made the bike even faster by 20% it feels like.

Check out the Mapshare of it to see what I mean. So far I have only done the Full power map 6 times, the medium map is the standard Kawasaki Full power map that I have done once and the Low power is an Akrapovic that I have done once as well. Both of those maps I am using the standard ETV map but the Full power map has the KRT race ETV with a few tweaks down low.
Dude thanks gonna check it out, you have the normal zx10r right? I'll port it across to the RR when I get a chance to do it. Right now I'm trouble shooting a zero throttle response issue after changing the starter. Thinking I have a loose wire or forgot to plug something back in, fun shit. First go it was going wot and turned out I missed a plug, now it just idles and no response. Anyhow, that is irrelevant to this post so yeah for the RR owners I have both keys so will port it if it feels good. And will share it for the RR guys if anyone wants me to

· Registered
2017 ZX10R
244 Posts
Dude thanks gonna check it out, you have the normal zx10r right? I'll port it across to the RR when I get a chance to do it. Right now I'm trouble shooting a zero throttle response issue after changing the starter. Thinking I have a loose wire or forgot to plug something back in, fun shit. First go it was going wot and turned out I missed a plug, now it just idles and no response. Anyhow, that is irrelevant to this post so yeah for the RR owners I have both keys so will port it if it feels good. And will share it for the RR guys if anyone wants me to
I can personally vouch that his fuel maps/ETVs is a Beast on the R version. It definitely made a difference by Ashley making multiple tuning sessions for the IAP/TPS by upper and lower injectors independently.

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Yes mine is a 2016 ZX-10R so the fuel maps will just copy and paste across to the RR. Give it a try and tell me I haven't found something good. Go 1st gear redline, 2nd redline to whatever is safe to do where you are and tell me it doesn't pull harder than ever. I reckon 20% better at a guess.

Sorry can't help with the starter issue!

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Remember the IAP stalling issue people were getting with Mapshare & I found out you can just use the standard IAP on any map as it is only 0-5% throttle anyway. With the upper & lower injectors separate you can autotune both IAP and TPS maps and have no stalling issues at all. That is just a bonus discovery, the pure speed is the main find.

· Registered
2017 ZX10R
244 Posts
No worries, here is a link.

Have fun! It is funny the standard ETV on Maps M & L the IAP maps are identical on upper and lower injectors after each Autotune but the TPS maps have massive changes between the upper & lower injectors like they are supposed too. The F map changed the IAP maps and had differences between the upper & lower injectors. That shows how a different ETV map can affect the fuel map & therefore requires it's own autotune. The Yamaha R1M taught me that one because it has 1 fuel map but 4 power modes which are nothing more than 4 different ETV maps.

Rip those arms out!!! lol
Glad you mentioned this because I noticed it when I was analyzing the data you uploaded. So yes, the ETV maps are definitely intertwined with the IAP/TPS maps as it relates to tuning, and it'd be wise not to pair a custom made ETV map with a fuel map that it wasn't designed to run with. Learn something new everyday. :)

BTW....my bike is in the repair shop and I won't have a chance to try out your updated maps
(04/03/22) until it's back in my possession. Question...you've outlined for each Power Mode a name for each tune and I'm assuming Medium Mode (Kawasaki) is a map you auto tuned using Kawasaki's stock fuel/etv maps as a baseline, and Low Mode is a map you auto tuned using another user's Akra mapshare as a baseline, however, what baseline did you use for your Full mode auto tune? Did you use Kawasaki's stock fuel map as a baseline and just paired it with the KRT Race ETV, hence, the reason for wide variations in the IAP area (upper/lower injectors)?

Thanks

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Glad you mentioned this because I noticed it when I was analyzing the data you uploaded. So yes, the ETV maps are definitely intertwined with the IAP/TPS maps as it relates to tuning, and it'd be wise not to pair a custom made ETV map with a fuel map that it wasn't designed to run with. Learn something new everyday. :)

BTW....my bike is in the repair shop and I won't have a chance to try out your updated maps
(04/03/22) until it's back in my possession. Question...you've outlined for each Power Mode a name for each tune and I'm assuming Medium Mode (Kawasaki) is a map you auto tuned using Kawasaki's stock fuel/etv maps as a baseline, and Low Mode is a map you auto tuned using another user's Akra mapshare as a baseline, however, what baseline did you use for your Full mode auto tune? Did you use Kawasaki's stock fuel map as a baseline and just paired it with the KRT Race ETV, hence, the reason for wide variations in the IAP area (upper/lower injectors)?

Thanks
Yes the F map has been one I have been working on using the stock IAP and a Graves Dyno. I have been working on this since day one of Autotune about 3 years ago, so it has changed, been reset, had different ETV but eventually it is what it is today. Bloody fast! The M map yes it is based on the Kawasaki Full Power map but years of minor autotunes and the L map is based on the Frickenmoron map on Mapshare & likewise years of little autotunes. Basically the stock headers and any decat exhaust IMO will work. All of the maps had the standard IAP map to begin with. I am still trying to understand why the IAP maps are different with the KRT Race ETV yet with the Standard ETV they remain identical. Interesting.....

· Registered
2017 ZX10R
244 Posts
Yes the F map has been one I have been working on using the stock IAP and a Graves Dyno. I have been working on this since day one of Autotune about 3 years ago, so it has changed, been reset, had different ETV but eventually it is what it is today. Bloody fast! The M map yes it is based on the Kawasaki Full Power map but years of minor autotunes and the L map is based on the Frickenmoron map on Mapshare & likewise years of little autotunes. Basically the stock headers and any decat exhaust IMO will work. All of the maps had the standard IAP map to begin with. I am still trying to understand why the IAP maps are different with the KRT Race ETV yet with the Standard ETV they remain identical. Interesting.....
Well explained and understood!! Not that the M/L modes are lacking but I can definitely tell a difference when I rode with your Full mode map. Maybe because prior to using your maps I was using maps where the ETVs were identical to your M/L maps, therefore, the discerning difference is the more aggressive KRT Race ETV assigned to the Full Mode map. I was also using Frickenmoron's map for the longest until I began using yours. :)

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Well explained and understood!! Not that the M/L modes are lacking but I can definitely tell a difference when I rode with your Full mode map. Maybe because prior to using your maps I was using maps where the ETVs were identical to your M/L maps, therefore, the discerning difference is the more aggressive KRT Race ETV assigned to the Full Mode map. I was also using Frickenmoron's map for the longest until I began using yours. :)
Yes there is nothing wrong with that frickenmoron map, I just had stalling issues when I used it until I figured out I could use the standard IAP map. That map feels fast and I gave it a 9.5 on Mapshare years ago, it has definitely been good for alot of people but I think my latest discovery of separately autotuning the upper and lower injectors is on another level completely for Acceleration and speed.

· Registered
3,005 Posts
....I have a dyno session with a 2022 model coming up in the next couple weeks using the woolich suite. If ya'll would like to see data I can give this method a shot and see how it measures up. :) 20% is not going to happen, but I've seen 1 or 2 percent consistently playing with injector balance on the gen 4/5 bikes.

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
....I have a dyno session with a 2022 model coming up in the next couple weeks using the woolich suite. If ya'll would like to see data I can give this method a shot and see how it measures up. :) 20% is not going to happen, but I've seen 1 or 2 percent consistently playing with injector balance on the gen 4/5 bikes.
That would be cool, I love dyno numbers like the next person but also know that autotune gets real world conditions & using my Yamaha R1M as an example I used the dyno as my base map & autotuned over that & it made it significantly faster. The ZX-10R has never been on a dyno so it would be interesting to see what the power curve looks like between unified injector maps vs separate injector maps. That would be excellent to see. Are you going to use my Mapshare maps if so can you use the exact ETV's with each map or are you just going to tune that particular bike on the dyno unified injectors vs separate injector tune with standard ETV's?

Cheers

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Do you use the autotune on the dyno or just do runs check the power curve and add a bit or take away a bit to get the curve as smooth as possible?

41 - 60 of 105 Posts