Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of interest I wanted to try a Woolich autotune but allowing it to do both lower & upper fuel injectors separately instead of Unifying Fuel group maps to Lower Injector like normal. I have also discovered with this setting unchecked the IAP map as well as the TPS fuel map can be Autotuned without getting the usual IAP stalling issue. Instead of just running the standard Kawasaki IAP map you can Autotune them both using this method.

Definately feels like an improvement of speed during acceleration. Give it a try if you have Woolich Autotune on your bike. I uploaded a mapshare version just then to Woolich if you want to try it out. Map F has had 6 Autotunes using the separate upper and lower injector tune as well as the latest KRT Race ETV map with better take off. It really feels like it wants to rip your arms out of their sockets if you go 1st redline, 2nd redline etc.

The results have been outstanding on my 2016 ZX-10R
Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Software

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks. How did you manage to tune the injectors separately?
Untick that box in the picture and then when you gather autotune data you will see in the fuel maps you have lower injector and upper injector separately. The data is then just autotuned to the lower injector TPS and IAP maps and then the same to the upper injector TPS & IAP maps. Just like normal autotune log files but apply autotune to the injectors separately. You will see when you select lower injector you will have all of the log files and can apply autotune, then when you select upper injector it will load all of the log files for it and you apply autotune again. On the 3D view they don't look hugely different but if you change the view to % change and flick back and forth from lower to upper you can see the autotune making big changes between them. Plus you can also autotune the IAP maps without getting the annoying stalling issue.

Previously those maps are unified and identical. I was thinking to myself on my old 1971 V8 that has a Holley with 2 fuel jets, the primary is one size and the secondary is a bigger size. I thought if the bike has 2 separate injectors for each cylinder surely it would autotune them separately and they are very different after so far 6 autotunes. The bike is ripping my arms out, it is absolutely flying. I could take it further and do individual cylinders as well..... But just this change has made the bike even faster by 20% it feels like.

Check out the Mapshare of it to see what I mean. So far I have only done the Full power map 6 times, the medium map is the standard Kawasaki Full power map that I have done once and the Low power is an Akrapovic that I have done once as well. Both of those maps I am using the standard ETV map but the Full power map has the KRT race ETV with a few tweaks down low.

· Registered
2017 ZX10R
249 Posts
For some reason Woolich software will not allow me to Apply Mapshare although I've subscribed and downloaded your mapshare. I've tried multiple times loading a previous file and apply mapshare. I see your mapshare in my list of downloaded maps but it just won't pull in the data even though it states the mapshare has been applied. Even rebooted a couple of times. Must be something going on with the new version of Woolich.

· Registered
2017 ZX10R
249 Posts
@A s h l e y

Would you be so kind as to share your exhaust gas offset times?

I'm also having the same issue as @Zed X Ten
I was able to apply the Akra (Low Mode) auto tune portion of Ashley's file yesterday, however, today after I read his post again I noticed he stated he only tuned it once on that power mode. So today I decided to import the IAP/TPS section that was auto tuned 6 times and this is when I noticed I could no longer import his file to grab that data. I also noticed that Woolich pushed out a minor release update today and this may be the problem to our issue.

Nonetheless, I applied the Akra(Low Mode) 1 time auto tune section that I was able to transfer over yesterday, and I can definitely tell a difference in the way it pulls...it pulls much harder. This has really peaked my interest to get my hands on the portion of the tune that Ashley auto tuned 6 times! Nice work Ashley!

BTW, I submitted a ticket to Woolich outlining the issue we are experiencing with applying downloaded(subscribed) mapshares. Hopefully they will be able to recreate it and push out a fix soon.

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I uploaded a version 2 to Mapshare which has an additional mapshare on the Full power setting, so 5 @ 10% and 2 @ 5%. Not sure why it won't share but hopefully the 2nd version works......

I did have a strange occurrence with Autotuning log files during the week, Same computer same settings and when I went to open the log files I just made it said "No engine data log files have been made for this map". Which could easily be written off as the settings were wrong in Autotune so no data could be displayed, but nothing had changed. I turned on my old laptop and they worked with the identical Autotune settings. Next day with the same settings it worked perfect on my new laptop. I emailed Woolich about the glitch but they pretty much fobbed me off as I had changed the settings so nothing could be displayed. But I do know what I am doing. So there could be an issue.

Try the version 2 Mapshare and let me know if it is working

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I uploaded a 3rd version just to compare the original file to what came back from Mapshare. They are different!
Send Woolich a complaint, the notes don't update but that is nothing huge but when I compared my original fuel map to what came back from Mapshare it had different figures? That is very odd. Only minor differences but why any difference in the 1st place? See my screenshot, the left is the Mapshare V3 and the right is my original file I just shared to Mapshare. Slight differences, why? Bizarre.
Colorfulness Rectangle Font Slope Line

· Registered
2017 ZX10R
249 Posts
Update-

I just heard back from Woolich and they stated their Development team will be looking into this issue. They also asked me to send them a link to a mapshare that wasn't working, so I sent them the link to Ashley's file.

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
At least they answer very quickly.

Support - Woolich Racing
Mon 21/03/2022 11:29 AM
To:
  • You

Dear Ashley Priestley,

The development team is looking into this issue - there was an update over the weekend. We will let you know when the issue is resolved.
Thanks,
WR

We try to respond to tickets as soon as possible within normal business hours. If your request is submitted outside of normal business hours or on the weekend please be patient, we will respond when we are next available.

The Woolich Racing Team

· Registered
2017 ZX10R
249 Posts
I uploaded a version 2 to Mapshare which has an additional mapshare on the Full power setting, so 5 @ 10% and 2 @ 5%. Not sure why it won't share but hopefully the 2nd version works......

I did have a strange occurrence with Autotuning log files during the week, Same computer same settings and when I went to open the log files I just made it said "No engine data log files have been made for this map". Which could easily be written off as the settings were wrong in Autotune so no data could be displayed, but nothing had changed. I turned on my old laptop and they worked with the identical Autotune settings. Next day with the same settings it worked perfect on my new laptop. I emailed Woolich about the glitch but they pretty much fobbed me off as I had changed the settings so nothing could be displayed. But I do know what I am doing. So there could be an issue.

Try the version 2 Mapshare and let me know if it is working

I definitely can't wait to get ahold of version 2 so I can get me arms ripped off...LOL. I hope Woolich pushes out updates quickly. Also thanks for sharing this info and your hard work with us Ashley. You've always been a great source of information for me and my Gen 5.

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Woolich just emailed me to update to the latest version and they said the issues have been resolved. I have to work nightshift so I am going to sleep now but I will make some more log files tonight and tomorrow morning and AutoTune in the morning and update to the latest version of Woolich.

If anyone wants to test the Mapshare to see if that is working with the latest Woolich update.

I will do a back to back comparison in the morning, original file compared to Mapshare version.

Cheers

Ash

· Registered
2017 ZX10R
249 Posts
Woolich just emailed me to update to the latest version and they said the issues have been resolved. I have to work nightshift so I am going to sleep now but I will make some more log files tonight and tomorrow morning and AutoTune in the morning and update to the latest version of Woolich.

If anyone wants to test the Mapshare to see if that is working with the latest Woolich update.

I will do a back to back comparison in the morning, original file compared to Mapshare version.

Cheers

Ash
They just emailed me as well to instruct me to download 12.6.1.0, and that it fixes the "Apply Mapshare" issue.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts