Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riding with a laptop in my backpack and datalogging as I do now does the job just fine, but it`s a bit of a hassle.
Considering going woolich to do the job.

How good does the woolich autotune work for tuning 80-100% throttle sweeps on the street, is it fast enough to populate those top cells on a normal 3rd gear pull?
I know the sample rate is more than fast enough, but it depends on how the autotune software uses the samples.

Also, can you datalog time (x axis) vs rpm or speed (y axis)? By connected laptop is ok for this.

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
911 Posts
You know, I think I am gonna have to try riding with a laptop in my backpack but hooked up to my bike lol sounds like I can get some pretty good live data that way. Never actually thought about doing it like that.

·
Registered
630 Posts
You can looks at your logs in woolich after you get back from your ride. Can even watch it live if you really wanted. No need to ride around with your backpack and the woolich works great for tuning up top in 3rd as well

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
911 Posts
You can looks at your logs in woolich after you get back from your ride. Can even watch it live if you really wanted. No need to ride around with your backpack and the woolich works great for tuning up top in 3rd as well
I'm aware but it would be nice to see some more live telemetry, like if it feels flat or something u can always replicate it and see why auto tune isn't fixing it. Woolich auto tune doesn't mess with timing or normal fuel trims just the tps and iap map. So some things I could see it being nice for but I'm building a live logger right now

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Aight, thanks for clarifying!

I use the data logging for checking what actually works in regards to making power. Logging time vs rpm or speed in low ms resolution is a great tool. I usually export the results to excel and graph it as well for a clear view.
Have even used Teamviewer from my phone to my laptop for a poor mans live display. Actually works pretty good.

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
911 Posts
Aight, thanks for clarifying!

I use the data logging for checking what actually works in regards to making power. Logging time vs rpm or speed in low ms resolution is a great tool. I usually export the results to excel and graph it as well for a clear view.
Have even used Teamviewer from my phone to my laptop for a poor mans live display. Actually works pretty good.
I was wondering what kind of lag team viewer would have. I will stick with my odb2 output for live telemetry for the time being,

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was wondering what kind of lag team viewer would have. I will stick with my odb2 output for live telemetry for the time being,
Yeah, if you see what you need with the obd2, that`s better. Teamviewer; I`d say between 50-200ms latency on a good 4g connection depending on the size and static vs dynamic ratio of the image you are transferring. The biggest issue is varying coverage during high speed. But I don`t do this much. Eyes are needed on the road, and logging is needed for tuning.
Just trying to move the logging from the laptop to onboard without spending too much. Cops seems to be interested in what I`m up to with cables running from my backpack to the bike. lol
And I`m about to buy the Woolich usb interface anyway. I`ll probably get the logbox as well then.

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
911 Posts
Yeah, if you see what you need with the obd2, that`s better. Teamviewer; I`d say between 50-200ms latency on a good 4g connection depending on the size and static vs dynamic ratio of the image you are transferring. The biggest issue is varying coverage during high speed. But I don`t do this much. Eyes are needed on the road, and logging is needed for tuning.
Just trying to move the logging from the laptop to onboard without spending too much. Cops seems to be interested in what I`m up to with cables running from my backpack to the bike. lol
And I`m about to buy the Woolich usb interface anyway. I`ll probably get the logbox as well then.
Yeah I have the log box, that was my only issue with using odb2 interface. Had to use my kds port to hook up odb which meant couldn't use the log box cause it too hooks up via kds port and I didn't want to start splicing wires that are used to communicate with my ecu but I just realized or found another port that seems to be kds up at the front right side of the bike. Makes sense so I'm gonna try it

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
911 Posts
Also, with team viewer I would have to use my phone as a connection and also use it to recieve the feed. Think setting up a WiFi direct connection would be quicker and not be reliant on location

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
one thing importat regarding woolich autotune that I learned recently.
since you dont go on the ETVs 100% open at low rpm, in the autotune when you see the map of recorded AFR, you wont see your TPS /afr you will see your ETV afr...

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts