Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Woolich have been very patient with me! I wanted to know about the unify fuel maps & what was the difference to just copy and pasting the same map in each of the 4 cylinders?
Did it have any benefit & why would Kawasaki have individual cylinder maps instead of unified.
So I tested it and ticked unify fuel maps but maintain cylinder offset then unticked it and looked at the changes Woolich software made to the maps. It was roughly 15% different between cylinders 1,4 and 2,3. They recommend it and the bike definitely runs better.
I wanted different maps on F, M, L so I ticked 3 of the 4 Unification maps so I could keep the individual maps.
Configuration
Unify fuel groups tick.
Unify Fuel cylinder maps & maintain cylinder offset tick.
Unify ignition groups maps NO
Unify ignition cylinder maps & maintain cylinder offset tick.
No more stalling at all.
I am using 98 octane because that is available at the Pump in Australia.

Here is a link to a YouTube video of the end results. No more stalling.

Cheers

Ash

·
Registered
501 Posts
Nice thanks for the update, so you have separate map share maps on each power setting? I never use m or l so that would be sick. Gotta look into that

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Nice thanks for the update, so you have separate map share maps on each power setting? I never use m or l so that would be sick. Gotta look into that
Yes 3 maps in 1 on Woolich Mapshare I called it. Pick the updated version. After talking to Woolich I eliminated that stalling issue. It's good because you can change maps when you are stationary and do back to back to back comparisons.
It would make a good joke to play on a mate, I put it on low power for you!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I don't think they had thought of 3 different maps on a Kawasaki ZX10R. I know from my 2015 Yamaha R1M that has 4 maps which also change all the other settings so the whole bike rides different from 1 to the other. The ZX10R KRT Edition 2016 doesn't have that level but I thought there is no reason it couldn't have 3 different power maps.

Woolich were very helpful and I was pretty angry when it failed in the middle of writing to the ECU. No quick fix there! It looks like the software is still developing so there are things that could be better but it's pretty good anyway.

So they are great in customer service and solutions.

Anyone know what the sound is on these ZX10R's? It sounds like if you had extra keys on your keyring? But I only ever use the rubber style keyring so it doesn't scratch the top triple clamp. These bikes have an automatic cam chain tensioner, I gather that can be noisy?
I noticed if I pull the clutch in the sound disappears so it is engine or something not just a key chain rattle.
I googled it and it sounds like it is common or normal. I listen to music so it won't bother me. Only heard it occasionally which makes me think automatic cam chain tensioner.

·
Registered
501 Posts
The zx10r is a loud fucker. Always making a clacking rattle noise from day 1 mile 1 till the day she dies. Get a manual cam chain tensioner and it will quiet it down a lil bit but they still are not the quietest bikes. Get a loud enough pipe and you typically can't hear it though. Also, if you unselect the ignition unify settings I'm pretty sure you can change more than just the fueling settings for the bike per map, the timing map changes per power setting too I believe

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Correct, I checked the maps ignition settings before I copy and pasted the info across. Most of the Mapshare maps seem to have just standard ignition settings......
The noise you would swear is coming from the front, screen, ram air flap, loose screw, but as soon as I pull the clutch in silence. I listen to music on my way to work so it won't bother me. My Honda VTR1000 SP1 has gear driven cams & the V-twin sound & the R1M has that beautiful crossplane crank sound.
I will get used to the ZX10R sound but it definitely is different to my other 2 bikes!

·
Registered
501 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the crossplane crank. Had a 17 r1 and sold it a month after getting it. Also not a fan of the Ducati sound but that's me. Kawi is loud for sure and rattle sounding like shit it going bad but since this is my 5th zx10r I'm used to it now

21 - 28 of 28 Posts