Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
R.I.P. REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,945 Posts
Most likely a dead battery. The clicking is in sync with the oil pressure light. Can you jump start it? What happens when you press the starter button?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I saw in first video dash self check don't pass. Interrupt in the beginning. Check all earth , dash plug .
But for me still bad battery :) Replace battery or add one with cables if not fit (maybe from car ,does't matter) .

·
R.I.P. REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,945 Posts
Frankly, no. Everything about that video makes me think that it's a low voltage condition. I can't tell what you're attempting to do with that small ass gauge wire grounding out with a socket, but that's not doing anything good either. Not sure what that whirring noise is in the video either. What is that and where is it coming from?

Get a set of jumper cables, hook them up to a car battery, and attempt to start the bike. Do not use that speaker wire to do it either. You need to be able to pull some amps through the cable and there's a reason the cables to the battery are as big as they are. :wink:

Reactions: th3r3ds0x

·
Registered
98 Posts
SkyDork is spot on, the battery is toast and the clicking relay gives it away as voltage is dropping below usable range and then back again. Also you can clearly hear the starter struggling. Great info guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
The battery can be the short in the system. Using a multimeter, what is the voltage before and after cranking? If you don't have a MM then disconnect the motorcycle battery and connect the "good" battery only. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.