Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
didnt ride the bike for a good period of time. it started just fine after i unloaded it from my truck (since i moved). i parked it behind my house where i accidentally placed the key to "park" instead of lock. went to dinner and in that time a huge rain storm struck. returned home and the poor thing was drenched, the first its seen rain like this---was not my intentions to let it see rain. so it wouldnt power-on, no dash response, nothing, dead. i tried jumping it but it wouldnt even start w the cables. for the heck of it i replaced the batt, and still no luck. any advice? ignition damage?

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I would start by checking fuses.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was the first thing I checked (the ones under the seat)

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Still awaiting advice? Start pulling her apart? If it is completely dead, I would look for water accumulation/bad electrical connections/etc. I would also take a good look at the cluster...what happens if she sits out in the heat? Still nothing? Maybe if she is dry again, you might be in luck?

I don't know what to tell ya man. Good luck and hopefully someone else will chime in with some experience in this area.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Tear that windshield and upper fairing off man and get it to where you can easily access the wiring harness behind your gauge cluster and see if that thing has signs of H2O. If so, it may have burnt up some relays. Take a look on Kawi's website or your Service Manual and see where they all are and just use the process of elimination. Can't see it being anything else. If that harness plug gets the slightest bit loose on the back of your gauge cluster, she won't do squat..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts