Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have got a problem with my 2005 ZX10R.

2 weeks ago the frame has been welded(yes also had that problem :lol: ).

This week i put everything back together. Went for a test ride...first the FI light came on and i noticed a little performance decrease from the start. It was only a 3 minute ride to the gas station. FIlled her up...after that the FI light was gone...then for the first time i wanted to give some gas.

But it won't let me get past 5800rpm...its start holding back like a limiter. Its like it doesn't get enough fuel or something.
In neutral its revs normally all the way.

Do you guys have any idea?

Its not the exup valve/servo motor, already tested that. Lines to the fuel tank are good and to the airbox.
It could be i forgot a wire somewhere but i doubt it.
Or maybe the ECU got effected by the welding? Not sure if he disconnected it. I disconnected a lot of other wires and the battery was out.

Hope you guys can help me out.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,726 Posts
Been talked about before. Most often is a fuel issue. As in a bad fuel pump, pinched fuel line, etc. Fishy thing to do is lift the tank and verify the routing. Next is to stop (as in never again) rev the shit out of the motor in neutral like that. That does nothing good to the motor. :confused:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx for your replies. Hope its the fuel pump(not so expensive i hope? )

Last month before the welding the bike was riding perfect. And now after rebuild this suddenly is. The tank has been in my shed the whole month, maybe the tank putted pressure on the fuel pump? Or dirt or something got in?

But is it possible it could be and ECU thing also?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thx for your replies. Hope its the fuel pump(not so expensive i hope? )

Last month before the welding the bike was riding perfect. And now after rebuild this suddenly is. The tank has been in my shed the whole month, maybe the tank putted pressure on the fuel pump? Or dirt or something got in?

But is it possible it could be and ECU thing also?
Take it a step at a time as to not overwhelm yourself.

Test the fuel pump, which I doubt will be expensive and take it from there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the problem has been solved....it was the wire of the throttle body that wasn't all the way in.
Luckily a little thing....too bad it costs me € 54 bucks. Didn't find out myself didn't have time anymore...so i brought it to a motorcycle garage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts