Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this seller http://stores.ebay.com/VelocityKing
has things list that I am not sure I understand. he has several parts from what he says is brand new bikes. tanks, frames,motors, ect

it is almost like he bought a couple of brand new bikes and then took them apart to sell piece by piece???????
has anyone bought from him?
thanks

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Could be legit. People do buy a complete bike and part it out AND make money. Replacement parts are far more expensive from the dealer than buying them off someone who is parting out a bike.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well it looked a little weird to me, but they have good feed back, it just looks funny. some of the prices are pretty good and then other are not

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
If the guy has a dealers license then he could be buying bikes DIRT cheap and parting them out. We all know what the insurance company does when they see the slightest damage claim these days. :rolleyes:

I have looked into dealer only auctions and its ridiculous what cars/bikes go for dealer to dealer. Think of buying an 06 10R in perfect shape with super low miles for less than $4K!

Too bad most states make it damn near impossible to get a dealers license. :headshake

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have heard alot of these new bikes that are being parted out on ebay and other places are from the flood areas from last year that the insurance companies are finally releasing as totals. There are alot of new bikes other than kawis being sold as parts as well. Just my .02

1 - 10 of 10 Posts