Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I guess i will be experimenting with the 14 calipers on the 06, I will throw some Sintered Pads on at the same time. Got a idea to paint the calipers up like these Nissin Japan Only Aftermarket race Calipers for a little more bling affect. Thes calipers will set you back some serious dough, I wonder if there is that much difference between these and the 0E spec Nissins.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
[email protected] 9R to 10R, I wish you lived in the house next door. We sure could have some fun with our bikes. Something new every day, or just about. Can't wait till the 08 10R comes out. The I will own 2 bikes. I will call myself 06R to 08R :lol:

JJ

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, the 08 ZX-10R may end up ruining my marriage, lol. My wife is already putting the heat on me pretty bad about having a baby. Mods would no doubt slow down then anyway.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Oh...you have no idea.....lol

·
Registered
236 Posts
Well I guess i will be experimenting with the 14 calipers on the 06, I will throw some Sintered Pads on at the same time. Got a idea to paint the calipers up like these Nissin Japan Only Aftermarket race Calipers for a little more bling affect. Thes calipers will set you back some serious dough, I wonder if there is that much difference between these and the 0E spec Nissins.

Wow I like the look of the finish of your caliper. here is thread on
the caliper upgrade.
http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42850

·
Registered
236 Posts
I don’t know what the deal is but looks like the admin killed
My post on zx14 caliper report. So here is what I wrote.

My report on the ZX14 Calipers fitted on my 10r, they work
Awesome! I picked up a set off ebay. Even with the stock
Pads they work a lot better than the stock 10r calipers and pads ever did.
I use to run setting 1 on the break leaver but now I am on setting 5 and
It’s a feel very positive and as soon as you hear the pressure switch click
The handle is firm. I will give them the acid test next month at the Track
But so far on the street with the OEM pads the feel of the leaver
Is wonderful and have amazing stopping power.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Will the 14 Calipers mount up to an 05 if so how much effort involved?

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Will the 14 Calipers mount up to an 05 if so how much effort involved?
They are a strait bolt on for 04-07, and all jap radial fork bikes for that matter, anything that has a 108mm bolt spacing. At the most you would have to space them with larger rotor bikes, but the zx-10Rs are a strait bolt on with no spacers needed. The word is getting out though, you used to be able to find them for cheap on ebay no they are bringin pretty big money, I got mine for 182$ shipped which I would conscider a good deal seeing how there is a set right now with bids on them at 355$ but that included the MS, which you would not need for 06-07.

·
Registered
590 Posts
FantASTIC!!!!! I'm more than a little interested in what the major difference is between these to calipers mechanicaly? Does anyone know?

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
I dont know the mech diff,but what i do know is they work awsome..Not hard at all to lock it up if yer not on the ball..
I just bolted up a set last week with new pad(ebc hh)works like a freakin dream..

·
Registered
590 Posts
$$$ If your putting money in your go might as well put money in your stop too!!

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The main advantage is the 14 calipers have steel pistns vs aluminium on the Toxicos. The reason the Toxicos fade so bad is those alumium pistons tranfer heat to the fluid much more rapidly than the steel pistons of the 14. Your high end aftermarket calipers will come with Ti pistons for the ultimate in heat control.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts