Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well...I bought one actually!!.plus a .45 headgasket.from ebay!........224.99 for both!.......the problem is.......this guys only wants paypal through bank or paypal balance........no credit cards?......whats up with that?........I always use my debit card for ebay purchases and only transfer enough from bank to pay for the item I bought!.I don't like putting my bank acc info out there on the net!.......even if it is through paypal!....is this normal?..........sound shady?...........anybody dealt with this before?...thanks ...Russ

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
Russ, didn't the price for the Kawi cam drop back down to $84?

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
If it comes fromyour bank or paypal balance there are no fees on his end. If you use debit/credit card there is 3.5% taken out on his end. Did it state that you had to pay that way in the listing. If not tell him you can pay with debit or credit or nothing at all. If not stated in listing then he can't change after you won. If he starts shit report him to ebay.

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well.it is kinda weird!..........it says that he does not take cc but at the bottom where I always check to see, it has the payments acceptable window and it has Paypal with all the cc listed...........and I read the threads about the cam comin back again just in the last two days!.......and it is NOT avail at all.yet or otherwise/!.....sent him email about it.......told him I always pay with debit card!...kinda thought it might be cuz extra fees included with cc use!...........we'll see what he says...he has not responded yet!.....he is out of york PA.............thought maybe he was a forum member...don't know?.....
.........all the COOL people that own a 10R are on this forum!!.......lol.......
anyway........if I have to do the bank transfer.........i WILL.......don't want the only race cam I have seen lately to slip away!

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I understand where you are coming from. just wait to see what he says and good luck.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
dude, you were the one bidding on that! i was thinking, "damn, whata sucker." you shouldve ron ayer's that shit and picked it up for a third of that price.

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
guys!!....it is not available ANYMORE!!.........and when or if it does come back.I have been told by manythat it will be at 299.00!!..........

·
Registered
65 Posts
well...I bought one actually!!.plus a .45 headgasket.from ebay!........224.99 for both!.......the problem is.......this guys only wants paypal through bank or paypal balance........no credit cards?......whats up with that?........I always use my debit card for ebay purchases and only transfer enough from bank to pay for the item I bought!.I don't like putting my bank acc info out there on the net!.......even if it is through paypal!....is this normal?..........sound shady?...........anybody dealt with this before?...thanks ...Russ

I bought my cam & .050 gasket thru a local dealership and paid less than 110.00 out the door. 79.95+ 16.95+ tax. Also I have used paypal for over 2 years now and never had a problem.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I know that they list the cam on Kawasaki site for 299, I also know somebody that tried to order the cam through a local dealer....In the computer it was still around 84 but when the dealer placed the order it got kicked back stating the price change....

So Im in the dark about the whole, order it now ...or from here and it will still be cheaper...

All I have to say is good job EBAY SELLER.....Damn

PS.... bodymanruss518 if you have anybody else that is looking for the set-up for that price....I got a cam and .45 gasket new in the box.....:thumbsup::mrgreen::thumbsup:

·
Registered
41 Posts
paypal

I have had a paypal account for many years. The problem is if you accept credit cards paypal takes that percentage for any money transfer. If you haven't ever agreed to take credit cards then transfers are free but it has to come from a paypal balance or checking account. That is the way my account has been for years. Also if anybody has one of those $80 camshafts laying around let me know cause I need one.:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
542 Posts
Just sold my cam on ebay for $134 plus shipping. Was going to sell bike so put it back to stock. Have to sell bike because I bought a 03 Cobra. NOW wifey says we can keep bike but its back to stock and I have no extra $ for mods :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts