Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, I recently bought a 2017 zx10r from auction that was a stolen recovery, i manage to hot wire the bike, problem I’m getting is that I get power to the system but I don’t hear the fuel pump priming, I want to make sure the bike runs before I spend more money in parts. Anyone knows where the fuel pump relay is? Want to make sure that the relay is not the cause. Also bought a Chinese ignition for the zx10r since it does not comes with an immobilizer so hoping that works.
Any help will work, thanks

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,566 Posts
That's a rough lookin' ride at the moment.

If it's a North American bike, there is no immobilizer. If it has an immobilizer in it, swapping the ignition switch won't do crap for that. The master key has to be registered to the amplifier which tells the software in the ECU that it is good to run. If the ignition switch was damaged when it was stolen, you might luck out with that or you can just get a Woodcraft ignition bypass harness.

The fuel pump relay is in the tailsection. That likely isn't the issue, but worth a shot. If it was bad, you'd be seeing a service code for that. What service code(s) is active, if any? Since it's clearly been down, then the tip-over sensor is likely problem with it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a rough lookin' ride at the moment.

If it's a North American bike, there is no immobilizer. If it has an immobilizer in it, swapping the ignition switch won't do crap for that. The master key has to be registered to the amplifier which tells the software in the ECU that it is good to run. If the ignition switch was damaged when it was stolen, you might luck out with that or you can just get a Woodcraft ignition bypass harness.

The fuel pump relay is in the tailsection. That likely isn't the issue, but worth a shot. If it was bad, you'd be seeing a service code for that. What service code(s) is active, if any? Since it's clearly been down, then the tip-over sensor is likely problem with it.
Yeah it’s a North America model so no immobilizer, I was thinking of doing the woodcraft by pass but I’ll be using it as a daily commute and not track bike. I should look at the tip sensor, by any chance do you know where it’s at? Don’t see any code on in the dash, I submitted a photo of the dash currently, also don’t know how to do the self diagnosis in the settings of the bike I know my aprilia rsv4 can do that.
Also when I hotwire the bike it doesn’t cycles like regular when u insert the key, the dash just turns on immediately

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,566 Posts
Yeah it’s a North America model so no immobilizer, I was thinking of doing the woodcraft by pass but I’ll be using it as a daily commute and not track bike. I should look at the tip sensor, by any chance do you know where it’s at? Don’t see any code on in the dash, I submitted a photo of the dash currently, also don’t know how to do the self diagnosis in the settings of the bike I know my aprilia rsv4 can do that.
Also when I hotwire the bike it doesn’t cycles like regular when u insert the key, the dash just turns on immediately
The tip-over sensor is located in the tailsection also.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The tip-over sensor is located in the tailsection also.

got it working, nothing to do with sensors or relays, just a resistor in the ignition barrel where all the cables come out of

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like an awesome project! Glad to see you got it running.
Thank you, it’s still giving me issues starting it, waiting on the key switch to come in hopefully that solves the issues but the bastard who stole this bike cut off the top circular part of the triple clamp where the ignition switch bolts into so I might go with a woodcraft ignition switch eliminator

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,566 Posts
So does that mean anyone could just fire up the bike and ride off?
Yes. That's the downfall of the eliminator as anyone could ride off on it with the flick of the switch. The advantage though is that they won't get too far that way. Once they run the fuel tank dry, they'd need a key to open the tank and refill it. :oops::ROFLMAO: A cable lock might prevent that. Certainly not convenient, but it is a quick way to remedy the current problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes. That's the downfall of the eliminator as anyone could ride off on it with the flick of the switch. The advantage though is that they won't get too far that way. Once they run the fuel tank dry, they'd need a key to open the tank and refill it. :oops::ROFLMAO: A cable lock might prevent that. Certainly not convenient, but it is a quick way to remedy the current problem.
I might go ahead and ass a second kill switch hidden away, so it won’t start unless u flip the switch

·
Registered
58 Posts
I might go ahead and ass a second kill switch hidden away, so it won’t start unless u flip the switch
Good idea. There's no way a thief could resist stealing a nice zx10 just by flicking the switch and pulling away. It's already easy for people to steal bikes, I wouldn't want to give them a head start.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts