Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is absoluetly ridiculous. The woman was at a little league baseball field and an 11 year old threw a ball to his pitcher while warming up and the ball soared to far and his a woman in the face (He was only 11 at the time), now she is suing him for $150,000 plus an additional unspecified sum being sought for pain and suffering.

Then, to make matters worse, her husban is suing him (The now 13 year old boy) for:

claiming that he has lost the "services, society and consortium of his wife" as a result of her injuries.

What do you guys think about this?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/n-j-woman-seeks-150-000-13-old-105928919.html

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
I think when she loses, she should have to pay the boy's legal fees.

And I hope karma smacks her ass again, maybe it was karma from a previous act that brought that ball to her face in the first place.

Unreal.

·
Does not drive into smoke
2,156 Posts
I can't understand the mentality of people who sue for accidents. It looks to me like trying to capitalize on the whole incident.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I can't understand the mentality of people who sue for accidents. It looks to me like trying to capitalize on the whole incident.
Winner!!

And you can blame the jurors who allowed that suit years ago against mc donalds to win boat loads of money. You know the idiot who spilled their coffee, sued and somehow managed to win.

·
Registered
301 Posts
What most people dont realize is that sometimes you must sue in order for insurance companies to pay the medical bills. Which in this case, the injured sues boy, and the parents will pay through their homeowners insurance. It does not necessarily make the woman a bad person.
Im sure theres more to it than this. The media is blowing it out of proportion. This kind of lawsuit is very common.

·
Does not drive into smoke
2,156 Posts
What most people dont realize is that sometimes you must sue in order for insurance companies to pay the medical bills.
Insurance companies are evil. Medical insurance in particular.

It does not necessarily make the woman a bad person.
Im sure theres more to it than this. The media is blowing it out of proportion. This kind of lawsuit is very common.
They also suing for "pain and distress". I don't find that supporting their cause. And it's not only the woman, but her husband as well. You're right, it's probably common, but it doesn't earn my respect.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,567 Posts
If I was that kid, I'd lawyer up and counter sue that bitch for not keeping her eye on the ball and getting out of the way when it came at her. She probably ruined the game for that entire team. The pain and agony of missing out on the game has to be worth something.

Effing retarded. And I feel bad for that kid who was just being a kid.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
U S A! U S A!

Take the good with the bad folks. This is one litigious society. In other first world nations ur Obamacare simply pays cuz you're a resident and in a third world nation the lady chalks it up as an accident.

Maybe I'm old school but I like both other options.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Don't you assume some sort of risk though whenever you go to any kind of sporting event i.e. baseball game, motocross, ice hockey, or figure skating. So regardless of insurance needing a lawsuit filed, that's just rediculous.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts