Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
has anyone ever hard wired a lipstick cam to their bike?
I'm looking for some pointers thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
there are several threads on here about that...do a search under lipstick camera or camcorder and you will have several threads pop up. PM kickaho, I know that he has one as well.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I just bought a mini dvr and I have a 2gb card in it. Supposedly will record up to like 4 hours of video. My old setup was a camcorder in the passenger compartment (not on the 10...didn't fit) with the wires running along the subframe to the lipstick cam. As far as wiring it to run off the bike's battery I'm thinking about chopping off 1 end of a battery tender plug and just hook it up like a heated vest whenever I want to use it

*edit* just noticed that you said "hard wired" Still I think the tender cable would be just as convenient

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Lawdog , which Mini DVR did you get, I looked at a Panasonic unit a few years back for $140 ,with 2gb internal they dont list them anymore.

·
Registered
515 Posts

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Good setup.

I had a bluetooth reverse cam on mine for a while and didnt suffer any interference , BUT the screen enclosure didnt like the rain.

I may go for that setup...Nice.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Lawdog , which Mini DVR did you get, I looked at a Panasonic unit a few years back for $140 ,with 2gb internal they dont list them anymore.
I got the motocomm-100 system. If you've already got the lipstick cam though you could probably buy just the DVR for about $100 or so and then get an SD card

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for tho input.
I already had a bullet cam, so I'm going a differnet route
I'll let you guys know how it goes if you interested.
Oh also since this is on a track only bike I used the tail light circuit worked like a charm.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
What I have found for a good noise filter is to have the mic under the rear seat, you still get great sound and no wind noise.I have done it with my PDA and get zero noise.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts