Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow. This was a little project. Relatively simple because you don't have to use a lot of wire. Its the NOS 2.5 lb bottle heater with thermostat. Had to use male/female spade connectors so I can take it off. The directions are great. Comes with connectors, switch, thermostat and wire. I had to take some of the plastic cover off of the connectors because they didn't fit together. My bike has so many wires now, that there isn't much room for anything else.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
cool got any pics of the install or set-up?

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
my mom used a bottle warmer when i was a baby. :crackup:

BD

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
busaforhire said:
cool got any pics of the install or set-up?
Ran out of time and light last night. I will get pics of the heater and the gauge tonight.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
1killer1liter said:
Wow. This was a little project. Relatively simple because you don't have to use a lot of wire. Its the NOS 2.5 lb bottle heater with thermostat. Had to use male/female spade connectors so I can take it off. The directions are great. Comes with connectors, switch, thermostat and wire. I had to take some of the plastic cover off of the connectors because they didn't fit together. My bike has so many wires now, that there isn't much room for anything else.
Did it come with a relay? As far as the thermostat goes I usually do away with it since you have a pressure gauge. The only thing is you can't walk off and leave the heater on. :headshake

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Yes, it came with a relay.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is that sarcastic?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Looks really good.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
That came out really good :thumbsup: ....it's starting to look like the bluedevil bike with guages everywhere :eyecrazy:

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
how does your nos work with your bottle mounted like that. mine was like that and it would hit and miss.it was only giving me about 50%.i mounted it straight up and there was a huge change.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It seems to work alright. I had 185-187 on the dyno 5 passes in a row. I know on the dyno it doesn't experience the g forces that it would on the track.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
latdrop said:
o.k. it must be cool as hell to look down and see your NITROUS pressure guage...
Totally. And thankfully, it doesn't say "NOS" instead of "NITROUS". For a while I thought people only called it "NOS" in the "Fast & the Furious" movies. Seems people don't realize that NOS is a brand name (acronym for Nitrous Oxide Systems) and nitrous is what is used to go fast. I can barely contain my laughter when I hear someone say "Are you running NOS?"

Sorry for the minor rant.
Couldn't help myself...

·
Registered
569 Posts
CanyonCarver said:
Totally. And thankfully, it doesn't say "NOS" instead of "NITROUS". For a while I thought people only called it "NOS" in the "Fast & the Furious" movies. Seems people don't realize that NOS is a brand name (acronym for Nitrous Oxide Systems) and nitrous is what is used to go fast. I can barely contain my laughter when I hear someone say "Are you running NOS?"

Sorry for the minor rant.
Couldn't help myself...
But it is part of the vernacular nonetheless. Do you get upset when someone asks for a "Kleenex?" That is also a brand name (for a product technically called a facial tissue). :lol:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts