Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

81 - 100 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
I've already replaced my side panels with carbon fiber ones, installed Sato rearsets, and installed a set of forks rebuilt by Penske. Need to get my back fixed so I can update my generator.
But add a quick shifter to this. Just picked one up last week. :D

·
Registered
376 Posts
Now that winter is officially over, figured I throw an update on here.
I did manage to pull off what I wanted for the winter. I've got the electronics setup and ready to go, the bike is now lowered, stretched, new drag hook up tire, -1/+2 gearing, bought an upgraded basket from another forum member, clutch will be ordered this week.
All that's left is an air shifter and seat time.

Good luck this year!!!

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Ohlins TTX rear shock, ohlins 30mm fork cartridges, Woolich Race tools, Dan Kyle rear link, Mikey Moto rear rotor, 3 different vortex rear sprockets, some spray paint (because racebike), dyno tune, and Im probably missing something.

·
Registered
376 Posts
geez. All this talk about ohlins suspension, fancy rear sets, head and custom tune, makes me feel inferior with my measly bolt ons. But my bike is new to me and I think November might be in the winter, so technically I think I win. ha ha ha

Your bikes sound awesome!

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
Bg what did you do to it? That thing was already flying!

Nothing crazy. Milled and ported head, valve springs and a regrind on the intake cam. Went from about a 366 lift to 380. I'm really gonna try and get into the 7's this year on the stock clutch before I put my rock in. So we'll see!

·
Registered
11 Posts
before whats done was running 60 1.9 1/8 107 @7.28
on stock set up/swb and 10 year old clutch finally went out on first tnt with all this done wensday busted the rivet in the basket. smoked the tire the whole way on street tire

whats been done so far :
a 6-10 on the swing arm
new zx bar ends
zx rear spools
sunstar steel +3
sunstar -1
brocks front in strap lower to 2'' of rebound
2'' lowering link

awaiting:
new dragpack clutch
new clutch basket
wrapped body and tank

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Nothing crazy. Milled and ported head, valve springs and a regrind on the intake cam. Went from about a 366 lift to 380. I'm really gonna try and get into the 7's this year on the stock clutch before I put my rock in. So we'll see!
Shouldnt be to hard your hella of a rider man ;)

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
before whats done was running 60 1.9 1/8 107 @7.28
on stock set up/swb and 10 year old clutch finally went out on first tnt with all this done wensday busted the rivet in the basket. smoked the tire the whole way on street tire

whats been done so far :
a 6-10 on the swing arm
new zx bar ends
zx rear spools
sunstar steel +3
sunstar -1
brocks front in strap lower to 2'' of rebound
2'' lowering link

awaiting:
new dragpack clutch
new clutch basket
wrapped body and tank
Thats some nice goodies man :thumbup: should run some killer times once you get that clutch fix.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
heading to cup race fri-sun this coming wknd.made my goal of 5.40's barley at 5.49/131, went 8.52/160 last race, goal in 1/4 is 8.40's. little gearing change, lost 6 more lbs, little engine tweaking, good air no headwind think i can make it. once done, gonna skip the 30's, go 20's on motor 1/8 1/4. hand clutch, full trim streetbike .

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
If I get a gen5 airbox I will make it fit in my gen4 to see if there is any gain in that...

Since there is no winter in Dominican Republic.... just riding hard.

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
heading to cup race fri-sun this coming wknd.made my goal of 5.40's barley at 5.49/131, went 8.52/160 last race, goal in 1/4 is 8.40's. little gearing change, lost 6 more lbs, little engine tweaking, good air no headwind think i can make it. once done, gonna skip the 30's, go 20's on motor 1/8 1/4. hand clutch, full trim streetbike .
That would be awesome!! Good luck to you guys!

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #98

Thanks buddy! I will be the first to tell you, that this 14R is the EASIEST bike to go fast on that I have ever rode. Everything works so well together, it's hard not to go fast on it.
Thats wat i heard ;) post some times up man when you get that beast to track ancious see wat it puts down

·
Registered
727 Posts
Will do man!! Was on the dyno this weekend, and needless to say my buddys jaw dropped when we saw how much power it made. But mph this weekend will tell the tale. >:)
Like ZX said I can't wait to see the numbers. Your a light weight too right? Makes for a nasty combo. I use to be but my late 20s are catching up. Went from 160 when I started racing to 185-190 suited

81 - 100 of 111 Posts