Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

61 - 80 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
The 10 probably won't get much love over the winter, but the 14 is getting head work, cams, possibly Pistons, head studs, valve springs, spray and a hand slider :)
Damn bg your gonna be dipping into the 7s soon!

I'm doing some weight reduction finally installing my shifter that has been sitting in the garage and a rear shock!

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
The 10 probably won't get much love over the winter, but the 14 is getting head work, cams, possibly Pistons, head studs, valve springs, spray and a hand slider :)
Poor 10 big brother gettin all the attn lol... That 14 is goin be monster man how much spray and slider you goin with?

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #64

I'm doing some weight reduction finally installing my shifter that has been sitting in the garage and a rear shock!
Ikr... I been wantin a gen4 but Bg got me wantin 14 now lol... Blue wat shifter, shock you goin to be installin?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Nice, I'd love to get down to the 1.3's I've been around crappy mid 1.5's so hopefully working on that and lowering that to low 1.4s and my shifter I can be close to an 8sec slip

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've got a few things planned this winter.

Brembo M4 Calipers and T drive rotors.
520 chain and sprocket conversion
Lightech Chain adjusters
Q3 tires
HID headlight kit
Lithium battery
Saddlebags and Throttle lock (Going on a trip in the summer)

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Nice, I'd love to get down to the 1.3's I've been around crappy mid 1.5's so hopefully working on that and lowering that to low 1.4s and my shifter I can be close to an 8sec slip
You and me both but bein swb dont see that happenin lol that shifter is goin help out ton on gettin that 60 down, 1-2 shift and et. Did you ever get try -2 on front?

·
Registered
727 Posts
You and me both but bein swb dont see that happenin lol that shifter is goin help out ton on gettin that 60 down, 1-2 shift and et. Did you ever get try -2 on front?
not yet i havent, i have a -2 front sprocket but right now im -1+4 so Im gonna need to pick up a +2 and +3 rear to try out with it, i dont think -2+4 will make it for the 1/4, would be a lot of shifting. i weight about 185 in gear. I remember when i started out racing about 3 years ago, i was happy i was about 165 in gear and it was always an advantage .. damn budweisers

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
don''t they come supplied with such parts when you purchase the bike??:wink2:

BD

Lol yeah but this parts aren't made for nitrous ;)

That's my goal! Man I hear ya! Mine needs to go on a diet too! The shifter will definitely help too!

Poor 10 big brother gettin all the attn lol... That 14 is goin be monster man how much spray and slider you goin with?

Lol I know right! It's hard for me to maintain both bikes but I just love my 10. I can't sell it. I already have a grudge style Rock that has been sitting on the shelf at the shop for 4 months now. Probably 50. May start at 40 and see how it does

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
not yet i havent, i have a -2 front sprocket but right now im -1+4 so Im gonna need to pick up a +2 and +3 rear to try out with it, i dont think -2+4 will make it for the 1/4, would be a lot of shifting. i weight about 185 in gear. I remember when i started out racing about 3 years ago, i was happy i was about 165 in gear and it was always an advantage .. damn budweisers
Yea -2+4 be to much unless you have rev extend. I had good luck when i was -2+2, 62in, best 60 was 1.48 leavin at 8k.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Lol yeah but this parts aren't made for nitrous ;)

That's my goal! Man I hear ya! Mine needs to go on a diet too! The shifter will definitely help too!

Lol I know right! It's hard for me to maintain both bikes but I just love my 10. I can't sell it. I already have a grudge style Rock that has been sitting on the shelf at the shop for 4 months now. Probably 50. May start at 40 and see how it does
I bet man i still love ridin my gen1 dont think i ever get tired ridin her. With that slider and the bottle hell you be in 7's no time.

·
Registered
376 Posts
My winter upgrades: bought an '08 10r, sent the ECU to schnitz to be flashed, knocked out the cats, dan moto mid pipe, V&H slip on, BMC race filter, PC5 (for xmas), wideband commander w/LCD.
Upcoming: upgraded basket, drag pack, brocks clutch mod, lowered, stretched and all before spring.

I've recently raised a question of gearing and it dawned on me, most of you guys are from the east coast where 1/8 mile is the thing. I'm on the west coast where we do 1/4 mile. I was planning for -1/+4, but i think that'll be too much shifting. I'm thinking -1/+2 and buy additional rears up to a +4.

I'm probably 185 suited. Any suggestions here??

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
i run -2+3 on the 07 10, clocks 131 1/8, 160 1/4 with this gear. gotta turn these 1k's. with ur weight gear it topping out in 6th. my rev extended to 13500, no problem making the 1/4 stripe but she is close to the limiter on purpose. sits at 67 inches.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
My winter upgrades: bought an '08 10r, sent the ECU to schnitz to be flashed, knocked out the cats, dan moto mid pipe, V&H slip on, BMC race filter, PC5 (for xmas), wideband commander w/LCD.
Upcoming: upgraded basket, drag pack, brocks clutch mod, lowered, stretched and all before spring.

I've recently raised a question of gearing and it dawned on me, most of you guys are from the east coast where 1/8 mile is the thing. I'm on the west coast where we do 1/4 mile. I was planning for -1/+4, but i think that'll be too much shifting. I'm thinking -1/+2 and buy additional rears up to a +4.

I'm probably 185 suited. Any suggestions here??
I like the 15t -2 on front. I know some members on here dont like run that small sprocket on front but it work great for me lowered my 60 and help on clutch life.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I've already replaced my side panels with carbon fiber ones, installed Sato rearsets, and installed a set of forks rebuilt by Penske. Need to get my back fixed so I can update my generator.

·
Registered
376 Posts
thanks for the info. I'm going to stick with my plan of -1/+2 and go from there.

61 - 80 of 111 Posts