Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

21 - 40 of 111 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Best Mod for my bike is for me to loose another 15lbs in body weight....I already lost 10-15lbs that should put me in top physical shape....I may also go back to stock chain 525 instead of 520s I believe kinked chains over the many years have been hurting my times because I use the same chains on the street too so they get high mileage. :badteeth: but may try a quick shifter too for the very first time. :idea:

Bloo

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
pulled the head on the 04, touched it up, using little different cam degree, drop about 15 lbs off bike, and little 34 shot to keep it interesting. 07 running good except fi bug at last race, gonna tweak on it, believe it's got a high 5.30 in it on motor.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks ZX.. yeah the MPS spyder kit comes with the spraybar thats the main reason im going with that kit. comes with everything for a pretty good price. also planning on running the shifter off the Nitrous!
Nice! MPS makes some nice stuff so should work out good man :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Best Mod for my bike is for me to loose another 15lbs in body weight....I already lost 10-15lbs that should put me in top physical shape....I may also go back to stock chain 525 instead of 520s I believe kinked chains over the many years have been hurting my times because I use the same chains on the street too so they get high mileage. :badteeth: but may try a quick shifter too for the very first time. :idea:

Bloo
Hey blue loosin weight always helps :wink: kinked chains never good robs power et will be off. I thought about goin with 520 chain just see wat the hype was but cant make myself trust them on bike with this much power,torque so i stuck with 525. Wat you end up doin with the other gen1?

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
pulled the head on the 04, touched it up, using little different cam degree, drop about 15 lbs off bike, and little 34 shot to keep it interesting. 07 running good except fi bug at last race, gonna tweak on it, believe it's got a high 5.30 in it on motor.
Cool man im sure both will run good your motors always do :mrgreen: Mind me askin what you do to drop the weight?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
on 07 just removed one front disc/caliper, swapped to 8 cll lithium battery, and traded boat anchor busa shock for jri. 18 lbs lost. battery and brake delete will get u close. both 04 and 07 weighed 410 untouched on digital scales at cup race before any deletes. 390-395 makes a difference.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Hey blue loosin weight always helps :wink: kinked chains never good robs power et will be off. I thought about goin with 520 chain just see wat the hype was but cant make myself trust them on bike with this much power,torque so i stuck with 525. Wat you end up doin with the other gen1?
Yeah stick with 525 to many worries with the 520 for street it's ok but plan on replacing them as a yearly maintenance part. :badteeth:

I ended up trading the other 1st Gen for a Camaro big mistake it's in this thread - http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=261177

With that said I still have another to play with(had 3 1st Gens) by Spring I will have it looking close to the one I traded for I already ordered many parts for it just need a few more and some paint jobs....the bike already runs it has less than 10k miles. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
727 Posts
thanks for the info as usual gaz.... maybe ill have to start looking into shaving somebike weight. i use to be light 155ish but with the budweisers im up to around 168.. i just need a damn heater for my garage it kills me not to be able to do anything bc its so cold in there

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
just removed disc and caliper. had ordered 15 inch braided line, did not even use it. removed line that loops over fender and hooked up longer stk.line to remaining caliper opposite side of rear brake rotor. just use the stk. shorter caliper line banjo bolt that seals only one brake line to caliper. bleed up real easy with good lever feel. 6 lbs lost here. no parts needed, about as easy as it gets. yeah left the cast bracket on forks. lithium battery about 8 lb loss. 15 lbs = about .07 et reduction. i'll take that this year as a start.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Have just acquired an ex-Vivaldi (BSB) frame to go with all my bodywork and an ex-Hawk Kawasaki (BSB) engine complete with works ECU. So winter strip down will start and I need to think off new Paint scheme for this year.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Change the oil/filter, charge the battery, lube the chain and wipe the dust off it. Pretty happy with how it was running at the end of the season, so I'm leaving it alone to spend the winter working on my 545ci big block project and will shoot for 8.60's on motor in the spring.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nitrous, MPS Quick Shifter, Electric Engine Kill & Switch Swapper. Schnitz 2 Step DCS-101 & TPRS 002. Archer ECU flash, New colored LED's in gauge cluster.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sidewinder, cutpan, cut forks, shock, fully adjustable lowering links, nitrous, auto/air shift, damper, more gearing.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
gone +2 on the bore, +1 on all 16 valves, kent cams, carpenter racing ported head, race springs & retainers, JE HE pistons, balanced rods, lightened balanced & knife edged crank, HM ss QS, Arrow full system, modded the water pump & crankcase breather. im up 8 torque & 26 horse without dialling the cams or decking the head. Just had a scare with the bores but all is good so its deck the head & dial the cams in over the next couple of weeks.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 111 Posts