Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got up this morning and it was 22f out, cold, and I thought damn, its that time when most of us that dont live in the middle of the planet have to think about snow and winter and NOT RIDING for a couple few months. But on the up side I will do the ecu flash and a couple other things in anticipation of spring riding, but im wondering for those of you out there that cant ride all year round what is a guy to do?:dontknow:

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,028 Posts
Well, I don't need freezing temps, but a break from the heat would be a bit nice right now. I woke up this morning and it was 77 degrees on it's way to the lower 90's this afternoon. :thefinger

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh I love snowmobiles just dont like the cost of owning one, and I dont have any friends that have any , but ya if I had the cash thats what I would do.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
unless there's ice on the ground, i ride. heated gear ftw! but if theres any slick stuff, nah, stuck in the car :( the only reason i get through the winter is cuz its when i save for next years track day fund, so all i'm thinking is, ok theres another track day, theres a set of tires, theres a blah blah etc so i stay focused lol

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yeh winter sucks. I walk past by bike 6 months out of the year unable to ride it because of snow. That's when I usually change a few things and add my mods. One good thing when it sits that long is it always feels like a new bike when you get on it in spring. I used ride my dirt bike quite a bit in the snow when I had one, there are quite a few ice races on a frozen lake that happen too which is cool.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,050 Posts
This will be the first time in 4 years I have had to deal with winter again. I am pretty much planning to just stay indoors and drink a lot.
You would do that if it were warm out! Whats the difference!? Lol!!!! :lol:

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,132 Posts
Winter? What's that:spit:

I got the dirt bike for the wet and cold days...I'm good year round!

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
one of the nice-ish things about living in seattle is, it doesnt really freeze/snow often, so really theres only about 5 days out of the year i dont get to ride

·
Chairman of the Board
16,050 Posts
Winter? What's that:spit:

I got the dirt bike for the wet and cold days...I'm good year round!
I REALLY wish I could ride dirt still. All the old spots have been bought up and turned into sub-divisions.
:sad:

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
its winter in Cali. 72*F and its noon. :lol:

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,371 Posts
its winter in Cali. 72*F and its noon. :lol:
72?
Where in Cali are you?
It was mid 80's this weekend in my hood, dropped to 72 at sundown.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
every year i ride less and less...winter doesnt make me as sad anymore. Also, xmas and thanksgiving seem a bit more real with the cold weather. That's coming from living in florida where it kinda never felt like the holiday season. So, I thankfully i wont feel like im missing much and least it will be basketball season.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts