Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Winter had finally arrived in South Texas. It's a frigid 59 degrees out. Better break out the parkas and sled dogs!

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
And the Roadcrafter! I'm gonna ride my bike to work (Kingsville to Corpus Christi) every single day this year . . . unless it snows.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
swjohnsey said:
And the Roadcrafter! I'm gonna ride my bike to work (Kingsville to Corpus Christi) every single day this year . . . unless it snows.

Shouldn't see snow for about 32 more years. Seems to snow in this area about every 34~35 years.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thats cold!Its 70 deg.here now and clear.I was down your way back in the spring and it was 103 in Mcallen.That was inMay for gods sake.Also went thru the King ranch.Actually we never left the public road and it lasted for miles and miles.How big is the King ranch?ride safe.....Les

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lesleybrownjr said:
Thats cold!Its 70 deg.here now and clear.I was down your way back in the spring and it was 103 in Mcallen.That was inMay for gods sake.Also went thru the King ranch.Actually we never left the public road and it lasted for miles and miles.How big is the King ranch?ride safe.....Les

Covers parts of six counties, with 825,000 acres. I think it's the second largest ranch (behind one in Australia) and it is the largest in the US. I've done work on the King Ranch and it's not unusual to drive 15~20 miles from the highway into the ranch to get anywhere.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
59 degrees? go ride that bike.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
yep, here in so cal, its getting to a frigid 50ish degrees at night, not sure if my parka is going to get here in time!

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RickRoush03 said:
yep, here in so cal, its getting to a frigid 50ish degrees at night, not sure if my parka is going to get here in time!

Man you better have it overnighted by FedEx. Don't mess around with hypothermia. :lol:

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
danno22 said:
Was 17 degrees here, warm for October but I'm off to Spain on Wednesday & 23 to 27 degrees :ayyy:

Speak English man! You're talking degrees C and we only understand degrees F here. :crackup:

·
talker of shite
7,285 Posts
gpz1100 said:
Speak English man! You're talking degrees C and we only understand degrees F here. :crackup:
:shady: How do you know that? I might be talking F & then you'd be really impressed at how hardy us furners are:badteeth:

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
danno22 said:
:shady: How do you know that? I might be talking F & then you'd be really impressed at how hardy us furners are:badteeth:

How do I know that it's C not F? Because your fingers aren't chattering on the keyboard, of course. :lol:

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
It was 60 this am and I loaded a winter (more fuel) map in my bike and it
was a blast!
Yeah, we see frost twice a year in Austin...have not bought a winter coat in 6 years here.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
gpz1100 said:
There you go being a:postwhoreagain. Quoting yourself :headshake

:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:
First Time I seen someone quote themselves.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts