Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched but did come up with anything. The bike is going away for winter and I just want to do what I can to keep it ready for spring. It's going to be heated all winter so that's a good thing. I have a cover.

I'm figuring changing the oil prior to putting it away.
Wax the chain
Clean the entire bike
Put some gas stabilizer in the tank
Not to sure about the battery. Should I pull it or just leave it?

Anything else I'm missing?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Ah, come on man, it was damn near 70 out today...putting it away for the winter already is crazy talk man!

But if you insist, I would say since your garage is heated just disconnect the battery, no need to pull it in a heated garage.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ballzman said:
Ah, come on man, it was damn near 70 out today...putting it away for the winter already is crazy talk man!

But if you insist, I would say since your garage is heated just disconnect the battery, no need to pull it in a heated garage.

yeah, could complain w/ 70's in november. I rode fri and saturday to work so I didn't totally waste the opportunity. :eek:ccasion1 Even though I'm sure you guys had a better ride on 125 today. Looks like the end of the good weather...... forcast was rainy and low 50's for the next couple days so I'm figuring it just about over. I'll try to get a few of my winter mods done and I'll be ready to tear it up in the spring. :helmet: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
171 Posts
I would put a battery tender on the battery. Its internal resistance will slowly discharge it. A tender will make it last a lot longer.

New oil, and stabil in the fuel tank helps keep it ready to run.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Definitely trickle charge the battery. I'm too lazy to winterize. I simply take a day a week and go for a 20 minute ride no matter how cold it is(unless of course it is icy). A little WD-40 sprayed on the metal components will help keep away the moisture.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts