Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Wings: Show me your Wings !!!

Gen 5: 2016-20 
9K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  mpp12 
#1 ·
For purely cosmetic reasons.... I bought some winglets and painted them the same off black as my 2016 ZX10R. Paint is from the company called "Tough Up" I think...
Someone made a thread on zx10 FB page and I saw a good deal of the UK guys who painted the winglets to match their custom painted bikes.
Performance wise... I see no difference at top end speeds.

Look wise, it's a take it or leave it..Im sort of neutral, but it makes my bike stand out when parked. It def get more looks now than before the winglets.
>:)
Lets see what you have gents....

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
Theoretically they would generate downforce. And if so, then they should shorten braking distance by giving the front tyre more traction. But I would conjecture that the effect would be marginal and only really relevant when you need to stop from like 180 when there's plenty of drag to generate downforce.

#14 ·
Braking distance only needs to have one wheel to have increased traction. The winglet's utility for cornering is going to be limited if you don't have corresponding increase downforce for the rear wheel, and also the fact that cornering speeds are generally lower and thus the downforce wouldn't be as much due to the exponential relationship of air drag and speed.

#19 ·
I've actually had pretty good luck with these (pre-modding) with the additional downforce. Enough to keep me from getting the shakes at least... post mod they're just not enough to keep the front end down but I'll keep them on for aesthetics!

#24 ·
I'd like to see a venn diagram which shows the intersection of the groups that share an interest in buying winglets for their street bikes and also putting a rear wing on a front wheel drive Honda Civic.

Oh wait...it's probably just a circle. I joke! :) Knock your socks off and buy these things if you like the look. Keep the economy going and all that. Puig make good sliders though!

Reactions: TheRoadWarrior
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.