Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm leaning towards another clear, but wondered if a light smoke might make the tach easier to view in direct sunlight (the 10s tach is miles better than the 636s). Anyone have experience and can comment?
The windblast makes me skittish at 130mph, does the screen direct the air away and make the bike "seem" more stable and confidence insipring?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,179 Posts
BNninja said:
I'm leaning towards another clear, but wondered if a light smoke might make the tach easier to view in direct sunlight (the 10s tach is miles better than the 636s). Anyone have experience and can comment?
The windblast makes me skittish at 130mph, does the screen direct the air away and make the bike "seem" more stable and confidence insipring?
I've got a dark smoke PUIG race screen and yes, it directs a LOT of airflow over me at speed. I've went 172 indicated since installin' the screen and that was smoother (no bobble head effect and much less wind beatin' on ya) than 120-130 indicated was before the screen swap. It definitely increases confidence on the insane high speed runs.

Don't know how a light smoke would do but the dark smoke definitely shades the guages a lot better than the stock screen (yeah, I know... duh...).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
967 Posts
El Diablo said:
I've got a dark smoke PUIG race screen and yes, it directs a LOT of airflow over me at speed. I've went 172 indicated since installin' the screen and that was smoother (no bobble head effect) than 120-130 indicated was before the screen swap. Don't know how a light smoke would do but the dark smoke definitely shades the guages a lot better than the stock screen (yeah, I know... duh...).
Hey Diablo how does the Puig fit? Do you have any close ups with it mounted? The reason I asked is because I have a targa screen on my 7R and when you stand back a few feet it looks great but up close you can see gaps in it where it doesn't fit as good as it probably should. TIA bro

AFMEDIC
 

·
PostWhore
Joined
·
13,496 Posts
AFMEDIC said:
Hey Diablo how does the Puig fit? Do you have any close ups with it mounted? The reason I asked is because I have a targa screen on my 7R and when you stand back a few feet it looks great but up close you can see gaps in it where it doesn't fit as good as it probably should. TIA bro

AFMEDIC
Check this thread:

http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3676&highlight=puig
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,869 Posts
i got the double bubble tinted...it does help with light and wind
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
184 Posts
shogun screens suck ass!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34,537 Posts
Andy said:
Do any of ya'll actually look through your screens? I look over.
yup, but only in a full tuck which is 2% of the time.

BD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,386 Posts
I got the smoke double bubble.

I like it.

I don't know about seeing the tach better.

The tach sucks ass on are bikes.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top