Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all this talk about gear position indicators and rear view camera screens and what not. I've started looking in the area of the guages more and noticed that the windscreen can block the top of the guage.
My question to you all is.
Do the aftermarket windscreen come up higher at the top as compared to the factory windscreen? I haven't had time to research this so I thought I would tap the vast knowledge base of this forum.
Thanks in advance for all your input. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
space, you can get a stock size windscreen or a double bouble, the db is going to be higher than stock ... on the db the center is raised for better movement of air away from a rider . . .

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
diablorr said:
im thinking buying this one... from kawasaki parts :thumbsup:

http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18496&page=4
That screen from Kawi is made by MRA. I had one on my first 10R, but it died with the bike. Very nicely made, and very effective. Not so hot on looks tho, IMO. Other screens are better looking, but the MRA/Kawi screen is probably the best made and most functional that I've seen. Very good at channeling the air over your head, without the turbulence I've experienced with other brands.

·
Registered
675 Posts
CanyonCarver said:
That screen from Kawi is made by MRA. I had one on my first 10R, but it died with the bike. Very nicely made, and very effective. Not so hot on looks tho, IMO. Other screens are better looking, but the MRA/Kawi screen is probably the best made and most functional that I've seen. Very good at channeling the air over your head, without the turbulence I've experienced with other brands.

ive said that i was "thinking", but know you have just clear any doubts that i had! im buying it!

thanks!

ps: and i do think that the look is cool also :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
diablorr said:
ive said that i was "thinking", but know you have just clear any doubts that i had! im buying it!

thanks!

ps: and i do think that the look is cool also :thumbsup:
Glad to help. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Enjoy.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
You mean beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
The Puig Double Bubble was one of the best mods I did to my bike. At first I was nervous of what it would look like but it is great. The only thing is when you first put it on...from riders view it looks HUGE cause your used to the stock one which is so small. I have the dark smoke I love it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
puig db black awesome looking

·
Registered
58 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts