Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2017 ZX10R
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm a 6'1" 225lb. rider who has been in search of a windscreen that first and foremost provided me with wind protection at high speeds and secondly looked decent when mounted. During my search for the pinnacle of windscreens, I've purchased several of them over the past 6 months and although some looked better than others, they didn't provide the wind protection I was looking for.

Puig Double Double- Nice lines/looks but didn't provide enough wind protection at high speeds.

Zero Gravity SR- Looks good...same as stock but absolutely no wind protection, with the wind pounding my chest area even when cruising.

Zero Gravity Corsa- IMO it looks the best on my bike but I was surprised that at 80+MPH wind protection wasn't what I expected.

Puig R Racer- Not as fond of its looks (tall profile) but its passable and it provides the best wind protection of all the windscreens I've purchased without having to go the touring screen route. At 100+ MPH when fully tucked I feel like I'm in a nice serene bubble.

MRA- I haven't purchased it yet but from the pics I've seen it looks great. The wind protection for my body profile would be the unknown for me at least.

Since maximum wind protection was what I sought after, I settled on the Puig R Racer and although it may not be important to some, the Puig windscreens that I purchased are definitely thicker than than the Zero Gravity screens.

YMMV

·
Registered
831 Posts
Good info here. This will help me choose which screen I want to upgrade to. Thanks.

Reactions: Zed X Ten

·
Registered
32 Posts
I run a custom made screen on my gen 5 race bike. I picked up 6km/h (4m/h) more down the straight switching from the highest commercially available screen to the higher, custom one.
Tire Helmet Wheel Sports gear Sports equipment

1 - 3 of 3 Posts