Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Windows 7? Believe the hype of MS crap again?

• Get the new Windows 7!

Votes: 30 43.5%
  • Stay with Vista 64

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • XP is the best

Votes: 21 30.4%
  • Go get an Apple you dumbass

Votes: 14 20.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What you guys think about it? Should I jump on it or wait out a bit... I am running Windows Vista 64 right now... Anybody tried the beta version for a long time? Anything better or just another Vista?

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
i dont know it doesnt come out till Oct 22 or something like that Im suppose to be able to get a free upgrade to it but im not sure if they will send me a disk or what ? I dont mind windows vista..

·
Registered
54 Posts
windows 7 ultimate edition goes on the wife's pc tomorrow. i hear it's as good, if not better, than leopard. we'll see about that... apple tends to think and organize things like i do. anyways, if it works well for her, i'll upgrade mine too - just worried about cad, itunes, antivirus, and trillian.

·
Registered
454 Posts
i dont know it doesnt come out till Oct 22 or something like that Im suppose to be able to get a free upgrade to it but im not sure if they will send me a disk or what ? I dont mind windows vista..
where did you buy the computer from? you have to apply for it online and have it mailed to you. if you got it from bestbuy they can do the upgrade in store for you with out you having to mail anything off for like 40 bucks

I will be updating to windows 7 here in a week or so release date is oct 22 though

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
where did you buy the computer from? you have to apply for it online and have it mailed to you. if you got it from bestbuy they can do the upgrade in store for you with out you having to mail anything off for like 40 bucks

I will be updating to windows 7 here in a week or so release date is oct 22 though

Are they gonna release the online version earlier than the retail version????

Graphically,it looks better..will see if it run smoother than Vista..

·
Registered
454 Posts
Are they gonna release the online version earlier than the retail version????

Graphically,it looks better..will see if it run smoother than Vista..
it runs smoother, and I imagine it will all release at the same time. I get it free through school one of the perks for doing computer science :wink:

·
Registered
2,897 Posts

yeah I got mine at bestbuy but Im not paying $40 for something that I can get free, but im not to sure how I go about doing that ?? LOL it says on my computer I get it free from ASUS ... so I will see I dont mind the vista though..

·
Registered
454 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
I've been using Windows 7 (beta) for about a year now... and I FREAKING love it!!

It's a million times smoother and less buggy than vista...

2bhonest, I was living overseas for a couple of years (away from technology too) and so I was dying to play with vista when i heard about it. but from the moment i touched it until now, i've grown to hate and loathe it more and more!

Windows 7 rocks my world. I'm definitely buying it as soon as it comes out. 7 runs ALOT faster and smoother than vista, and looks just as schmick (if not moreso). A MILLION times more stable, and just to name a few of the points i've loved so far.

- When formatting, I didn't have to install probably HALF of my hardware drivers (maybe nearly all of them, actually), as 7 found them all for me online, and downloaded/installed them for me.
- 99% of crashing/compatability issues i've had (and yes, I'm the kind of guy who forces conflicting software to try and find them) I've been able to solve/fix on the spot with 7's troubleshooters/autofixes.
- the 1% that I couldn't fix on the spot, I had a 'pop-up' in my start tray a couple of days later, telling me a fix for the problem had been found. Downloaded/fixed.
- Sharing and networking is a ZILLION times easier than vista (did i mention how much I hate vista?? it drove me NUTS with it's un-userfriendly inability to file-share)

My two cents is it's every bit as reliable (i would say more-so) as/than XP. and every bit as flashy/high-tech (i would AGAIN say more-so) as/than Vista.

P.S I often dreamed of Vista being a person, so I could kick him in the balls.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I've been using Windows 7 (beta) for about a year now... and I FREAKING love it!!

It's a million times smoother and less buggy than vista...

2bhonest, I was living overseas for a couple of years (away from technology too) and so I was dying to play with vista when i heard about it. but from the moment i touched it until now, i've grown to hate and loathe it more and more!

Windows 7 rocks my world. I'm definitely buying it as soon as it comes out. 7 runs ALOT faster and smoother than vista, and looks just as schmick (if not moreso). A MILLION times more stable, and just to name a few of the points i've loved so far.

- When formatting, I didn't have to install probably HALF of my hardware drivers (maybe nearly all of them, actually), as 7 found them all for me online, and downloaded/installed them for me.
- 99% of crashing/compatability issues i've had (and yes, I'm the kind of guy who forces conflicting software to try and find them) I've been able to solve/fix on the spot with 7's troubleshooters/autofixes.
- the 1% that I couldn't fix on the spot, I had a 'pop-up' in my start tray a couple of days later, telling me a fix for the problem had been found. Downloaded/fixed.
- Sharing and networking is a ZILLION times easier than vista (did i mention how much I hate vista?? it drove me NUTS with it's un-userfriendly inability to file-share)

My two cents is it's every bit as reliable (i would say more-so) as/than XP. and every bit as flashy/high-tech (i would AGAIN say more-so) as/than Vista.

P.S I often dreamed of Vista being a person, so I could kick him in the balls.
everything listed in bold was actually rolled out in vista

file sharing on vista is so simple its icon based you just click on users near you click the person you want and look at the shared files on their system

and last, the drivers for vista /windows 7 are the same if windows 7 found the drivers they where ok with vista :wink:

:headshake vista was in no way a step forward.

vista = the squid who had something decent, that he wanted to run better, so added NOS energy drink.
vista was a giant step forward unless you where the squid of the computer world who wanted to install an operating system on hardware that while it may have had a sticker that said it was "compatible" was not designed to run vista

·
Registered
494 Posts
The actual Windows 7 in my field has been released for about a month now and I been using the release candidate about 2 months before it was released. I have been using windows 7 this whole time and the new actual full release is pretty slick, you can stay with vista 64, but I can honestly say that, you would probably move to 7 real soon if you don't do it now. It is very stable, a lot of neat goodies.

I've used vista for one month the first month it came out, blue screened on me a few times and had some admin rights issues, in other words, I have been using XP pretty much since the birth of XP, but this 7 ain't no joke.

Though I'm not too fond of it's NTFS Filing system, this is the great o.s. that vista should've been.

·
Registered
411 Posts
everything listed in bold was actually rolled out in vista

file sharing on vista is so simple its icon based you just click on users near you click the person you want and look at the shared files on their system

and last, the drivers for vista /windows 7 are the same if windows 7 found the drivers they where ok with vista :wink:

vista was a giant step forward unless you where the squid of the computer world who wanted to install an operating system on hardware that while it may have had a sticker that said it was "compatible" was not designed to run vista
there's no way you can say that, because you have no idea what it was that I was testing. Yes your right, the ABILITY for it, the function in itself, was a part of vista. But for me, it didn't even come close to doing it properly.

as far as file-sharing, as soon as you take your head out of the vista to vista box you live in, you'll see the dreamworld you live in. Compatability between OTHER o/s's, in networking and file sharing, is the issue I was talking about (sorry for not being more specific).

in regards to your comment about using hardware designed FOR vista, yes you CAN in fact get certain hardware that'll give you pretty much guarentees that vista will run smoothly on it. but (*stops himself from pressing the 'flame the moron' button*), why do that, when the newer and even the OLDER o/s will function just as smoothly on the thousands of ADDITIONAL hardware combinations that vista doesn't??

And the driver comment... :bitchslap rolls into the previous comment... with the additional note that, you DO realise that drivers are software designed to run hardware that is daily being updated/introduced to the market? It can't be the same between o/s as much as it can be the same from one day to the next. The availability to download them from the various databases, is the same on vista, as it is on 7, yes. But now we're running in circles cos you gotta realise that vista 'remains' incompatible with a very large number of hardware parts... despite the fact you can download the driver for them, with vista.

But with all that summed up, you probably should just ignore my comments, because the reason microsoft is so quick to bring out their new O/S must be because vista was such a hit, and works SO well that they would just HATE to let it continue on the shelves and let it make them zillions of dollars. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts