Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys i am fairly new here but not new to drag racing bikes but new to 10's, i had a 14 and loved it but sold it and bought a 05 10r wrecked and i about have all the parts to put it back together. Here is my question. I weigh around 270lb suited, and i know i should lose weight to go faster but let me work with what i have right now plz..:thumbsup:. Anyway this is what i have in mind.

1. Pc3
2. Race Filter
3. Full Exhaust(have slip on now but need all the hp i can get)
4. Secondaries Removed
5. U003 Shinko in the rear
6. -1 up front +3 in the rear
7. Lowering links
8. Lowered 1.25 in front
9. 6 inch Extensions

I want to run at least 6.20's in the 1/8th on motor, with my weight and setup u think i can? Pratice wont be a problem once the season starts i go every week so seat time i can handle. Anyway any input will be appriciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
That's going to be very tough with your weight... this 10 is going to notice the extra weight alot more than 14 did.. I would say shoot for 6.50s at first

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
ive been 6.38 in the 1/8 and im 200 pounds suited but it took me several trips to the track to mustard that. like cody said 6.20's is going to be tough to acheive with your weight and mods you listed. the 14 has more torque and that comes in handy for us big guys.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i went 6.16 with the same mods plus an air shifter on the 14, but averaged 6.20's. My 14 made 176hp and 102tq im hoping to get at least 6.2's-6.3's on the 10 then ill put a nice nitrous kit and a controller on it and hopefully get close to the 5's. I hope u guys are wrong...lol. Thanks for the input. And i will have an air shifter also on the 10. What kind of gearing should i start with? -1 +3??

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Well i went 6.16 with the same mods plus an air shifter on the 14, but averaged 6.20's. My 14 made 176hp and 102tq im hoping to get at least 6.2's-6.3's on the 10 then ill put a nice nitrous kit and a controller on it and hopefully get close to the 5's. I hope u guys are wrong...lol. Thanks for the input. And i will have an air shifter also on the 10. What kind of gearing should i start with? -1 +3??
with your weight -1 +5 for starters and see where your at. these 10's have a LONG 1st gear so you gota throw alot of gearing to hit.

·
Registered
94 Posts
:}

i would say stay away from those blue 10s boy.......hehe......its gonna run fine what machine have u ever owned that u didnt get power out off lol u guys have to know this man if he could put a blower on his computer to make it faster he would......dont underestimate that bike

:heyyou:

·
Registered
46 Posts
You didn't mention strapping the front down,but with your weight front tire lift may not be as much as a problem.With about your same set up I had a heck of a time keeping the front end down on my 05 zx10. If you haven't gotten all your go fast extras yet like the pc3, filter, front sprocket, tre, etc. let me know cause I have this stuff for sale.:thumbsup:

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
It would probably get you the times you're looking for with another jockey.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
30 shot would get those times with your setup and a way longer wheelbase. to go 6.20s on a stock wheelbase 10r, you gotta be riding the hell out of it and lighter than 200lbs period.

keep in mind also the heavier you are, the faster the bike will wheelie

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I forgot to add ill be extended, bolt on for the time being but will have an arm later on.

30 shot would get those times with your setup and a way longer wheelbase. to go 6.20s on a stock wheelbase 10r, you gotta be riding the hell out of it and lighter than 200lbs period.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts

i thought the lighter you are the more the bike will want to wheelie ? bc if your on the heavy side you can use your weight as a advantage of keepin the front end down.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
But on the other hand, once the bike starts to wheelie it works in the opposite way and that weight will want to pull you over

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
i thought the lighter you are the more the bike will want to wheelie ? bc if your on the heavy side you can use your weight as a advantage of keepin the front end down.
not so.....when you give the bike throttle, ALL weight transfers toward the rear, wheelbase and shock setup determines how much of that weight is absorbed and how much cause a wheelie or tire spin. Heavier riders in the dragrace world have to have lower centers of gravity, better shocks in the rear, and longer wheelbases to compete. Im 210lbs and I tried it all before I got a combo that goes 1.2s in the 60' on a zx10

pic of my combo headed back up after winter refresh

Attachments

·
Registered
842 Posts
jesus 1.2 im figihting for 1.5's haha but all my buddies are doing high 1.3's on hand clutches, im going with a 15/45 setup this season to see what happens

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
not so.....when you give the bike throttle, ALL weight transfers toward the rear, wheelbase and shock setup determines how much of that weight is absorbed and how much cause a wheelie or tire spin. Heavier riders in the dragrace world have to have lower centers of gravity, better shocks in the rear, and longer wheelbases to compete. Im 210lbs and I tried it all before I got a combo that goes 1.2s in the 60' on a zx10

pic of my combo headed back up after winter refresh
oh ok i noticed when i stiffen the stock shock up a lil it didnt want to wheelie as much. but i removed the stock shock for a gen2 busa shock which is WAY much better. but thx for the info and sharp bike man :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts