Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 ZX10R that I'm parting out and I have a friend that asked if the electronic steering damper would fit his 2018 ZX6R. Is this something anyone has tried or does the ZX6R have a port for it to plug in to?

·
Registered
737 Posts
The steering dampers are universal and would fit mechanically, but if the zx6 doesn't have the electronics in the ecu and proper harness to wire it up....no it wont work.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The steering dampers are universal and would fit mechanically, but if the zx6 doesn't have the electronics in the ecu and proper harness to wire it up....no it wont work.
My question may have been a bit vague, but it was the last part I was the most curious about - will it wire up. While I haven't tested it, I'm fairly certain it would bold up quite easily (though the more I think about it, I'm not sure why I'm so confident about this...possibly because I assumed the gas tank bolt holes are the same/line up or because it's an ohlins and they make a similar type of damper already for the ZX6R, but I'm veering slightly off topic).

I was hoping someone had tried this before or did the hard part (the research, contacting manufacturers or reps, etc).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Exactly that above, does the ZX6 currently have a electronic damper?
No, definitely not an electronic one; I believe it didn't come with one at all (or if it did, it's the type that is up underneath the nose and my they didn't pay that close attention).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts