Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to cleanup the junky looking wiring on either side of the headlight and forks on my race bike. Will the KIT wiring harness work with a FT ECU flash (in order to remove things like the evap canister, etc.)? Or does it specifically need to be used with the KIT ECU?

If not, any suggestions on where to relocate the harnesses? I've already relocated the rectifier with the CRC bracket.

Thanks!

·
Registered
215 Posts
I believe if someone looked at the wire diagram of both harnesses some pins could be moved around to make it work. For sure this would be an issue with an ABS bike

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
824 Posts
Without messing around with pins the answer is a hard no. If you want to stick with OEM ECU then you can cable-manage the OEM harness as much as possible. It's not hard to make it reasonably clean. If you really want to make it super clean and you don't care about going back, you can actually cut the unnecessary wires and insulate the ends.

FT-ECU supports Flashing KIT ECU too. I'll probably have a 2016-2018 KIT ECU (nothing else) for sale in about a month. If you're interested drop me a PM.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts