Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Will gen5 forks fit gen4 bike?
What other parts Must be gen5?
Thanks, alex
I'm confident that Gen 5 forks will fit straight up to Gen 4 triple tree, however you would also need either the m50 brakes off the Gen 5 or some other brakes as Gen 5 is 100mm spacing not 108mm like Gen 4, also you would either need a Gen 5 front wheel or the spacer kit one of the forum members was selling as the front wheel is different on the Gen 5. Hope that helps :).

·
Registered
576 Posts
Like said above ^^ It's not a direct swap. The rotors are larger on the Gen5, so you would need caliper spacers. The wheel speed sensor is mounted differently, I haven't tried to line them up to see if they end up in the same exact spot or not, they might.

Wasn't something I wanted to risk, I am having my internals removed from the Gen4 and installed in the Gen5.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Like said above ^^ It's not a direct swap. The rotors are larger on the Gen5, so you would need caliper spacers. The wheel speed sensor is mounted differently, I haven't tried to line them up to see if they end up in the same exact spot or not, they might.

Wasn't something I wanted to risk, I am having my internals removed from the Gen4 and installed in the Gen5.
my understanding is that the cartridge kits for the Gen 4 and Gen 5 are different

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Yeah I am pretty sure the Suzukis use japanese spaced brembos.
Weird for Kawi to have changed.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I believe brembo would have said if you want m50's your going to have to use 100mm we aren't making a new cast just for the ZX10R at that price. Proper aftermarket m4's would be better than m50's

·
Registered
775 Posts
Thought that m4 where inferior than m50

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
M50 are 80-100grams lighter but require a 17 ratio master cylinder proper aftermarket m4 calipers use 34mm pistons and more traditional style ratio master cylinders eg 19

1 - 12 of 12 Posts