Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am picking up a used Gen2, with questionable fork sliders. My friend swapped his Gen4 forks for Ohlins forks. Any chance his forks will fit a Gen2?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Yes all the forks are the same size on the OD where they fit the clamps. Some are shorter than others. The Gen 3 has longer overall length forks than the Gen 1 and 2 if memory serves me right. Meaning you can use the Gen 3 in the other gens but not the other way around. Between the Gen 4 and Gen 2 I would say no problem since the Gen 2 will be a short fork to start with The Gen 4 may possibly end up being slid up in the clamps but that's actually better anyway as far as giving you more room to adjust your suspension. You just don't want to end up with the forks all the way lowered and still need more fork length that you don't have. Some forks have extended top caps offered to solve that very problem.

I'm building a Gen 1 at this time and it's going to get a new set of Gen 4 Ohlins units installed since that's about all that's offered anymore from Ohlins anyway. My front axle dia will change but that's not an issue anyway since I'm using BST wheels anyway that I'll just order for the later model.

I hope this has helped you make a decision on what to do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts