Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a friend with aftermarket gen3 pistons, want to know if they will work on gen4

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
It depends very much on the aftermarket pistons, some manufacturers yes but others no, I expect your referring to Cosworth pistons made "specifically" for the WSB series in 2009, well the answer is they wont work that well because the piston was designed to excessive extremes and from memory you couldn't even deck the head once the specific gasket was fitted. The G4 pent roof is s completely different shape also accommodating larger valves seats and spark plug height. Fitting those pistons to a G4 will not give the same benefit as in G3. Also I believe the ones left on the market 'new old stock' don't have ring sets, and guess what they were specific to that piston as well. I honestly believe in a stock bore 2011 onwards your throwing money away trying to improve, in saying that the 2016 + piston and rings are a little improvement again.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JE pistons.... think they are the same....

honestly stock pistons gen4 and specially gen5 are good for making power, unless you want super extreme shit...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts