Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tried searching but couldn't get the answer, we have a 2004 10r with a bent rear wheel. just so happens there is someone local selling 2006 Rims for $120 and know someone here would know the answer.

its actually my girl's (staciedaisy) ride, i'm forcing her to ride my old F4i until we get this fixed...

thought about trying to get it straitened but it'll most likely need repainted or PC'd right? its got quite the wobble right now & doesn't feel very safe to ride in this condition.

thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
246 Posts
It is the same exact wheel, you just have to change the bearings over to the Gen 1 bearings. The axle sizes are different, that is the reason for the bearing change.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It is the same exact wheel, you just have to change the bearings over to the Gen 1 bearings. The axle sizes are different, that is the reason for the bearing change.
that is awesome news. i've had no experience with wheels in the past, we just pull the bearings from the existing rim & put them in the 06 & everything is good? how hard is that to do?

LOL you're in wichita, are you the ones selling these rims?

we need to go riding sometime!

would you recommend reusing old bearings or getting new oem?

·
Registered
246 Posts
that is awesome news. i've had no experience with wheels in the past, we just pull the bearings from the existing rim & put them in the 06 & everything is good? how hard is that to do?

LOL you're in wichita, are you the ones selling these rims?

we need to go riding sometime!
You can reuse the bearings, but they are cheap enough from mid america that I would just go with new ones. I just replaced mine since I just had my wheels powder coated and they were like 15 bucks. I went with the "All Balls" brand.

They can be a pain to replace if you have never done press in bearings before. But they aren't too bad if you know what to expect.

Lol, it's definitely not me selling them.

We should definitely ride sometime! I ride with a regular group of people, and you are more than welcome to join us. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can reuse the bearings, but they are cheap enough from mid america that I would just go with new ones. I just replaced mine since I just had my wheels powder coated and they were like 15 bucks. I went with the "All Balls" brand.

They can be a pain to replace if you have never done press in bearings before. But they aren't too bad if you know what to expect.

Lol, it's definitely not me selling them.

We should definitely ride sometime! I ride with a regular group of people, and you are more than welcome to join us. :thumbsup:
awesome! i've heard mixed reports on the all balls bearings so i hope they work good for you! i have a friend or 2 that can assist me if i run into issues.. thanks a ton for your help bro

we'll be able to use the old spacers?

·
Registered
246 Posts
awesome! i've heard mixed reports on the all balls bearings so i hope they work good for you! i have a friend or 2 that can assist me if i run into issues.. thanks a ton for your help bro

we'll be able to use the old spacers?
So far the bearings are very nice, but I have only had them for a week.

I'm glad I could help! And I look forward to seeing you and your girl out on the streets :mrgreen:

There should be no problems using the Gen 1 factory spacers.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Thanks for the info! I wish the Craigslist lister was as fast as you!
Anytime! :thumbsup:

I just happen to be stuck at work, not doing much of anything :mrgreen:

If you two need a guy to mount and balance your tires... The guy that lives across the street from me ,Marko, has all that equipment and would help you out I am sure. I have his number if you want it.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anytime! :thumbsup:

I just happen to be stuck at work, not doing much of anything :mrgreen:

If you two need a guy to mount and balance your tires... The guy that lives across the street from me ,Marko, has all that equipment and would help you out I am sure. I have his number if you want it.
you live across the street from marko? you gotta be shittin me! we're over there quite a bit, small town wichititty. :cool:

·
Registered
121 Posts
what the crap! small town!!! if you live across the street, i'm sure you have seen us! lol

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol! Yep! My house is the one with the Orange Mustang parked in the driveway. :mrgreen:
i'll have to look for that stang next time we're over. if you get a random knock on the door dont be alarmed :D

i got new rubber & this deal with her rim means we'll be over in your neck of the woods soon.

·
Registered
246 Posts
i'll have to look for that stang next time we're over. if you get a random knock on the door dont be alarmed :D

i got new rubber & this deal with her rim means we'll be over in your neck of the woods soon.
Sounds good to me! Or You can have Marko text me once you are over there and I can come out also.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Bearings

If you have to hammer out the old bearings I would NOT re-use them. To install, freeze the bearings and heat the wheel hub with a heat gun. Often the bearings will drop right in. If not , a couple of taps with a plastic hammer should seat them. Don't forget about the center spacer if it has one. You can get an inexpensive bearing driver set from Harbor Freight.:thumbsup:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you have to hammer out the old bearings I would NOT re-use them. To install, freeze the bearings and heat the wheel hub with a heat gun. Often the bearings will drop right in. If not , a couple of taps with a plastic hammer should seat them. Don't forget about the center spacer if it has one. You can get an inexpensive bearing driver set from Harbor Freight.:thumbsup:eek:ccasion1
good to know! thanks for the advice MD

·
Banned
262 Posts
:badteeth:
Not for the rear. Rears all the same, except color. Its the fronts that are different.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts