Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
smaller lift and duration, actually I think it has smaller duration..

for the 08+ the racing part number exhaust camshaft is actually the same part number of a stock 04-07 cam

·
Registered
792 Posts
smaller lift and duration, actually I think it has smaller duration..
for the 08+ the racing part number exhaust camshaft is actually the same part number of a stock 04-07 cam
Interesting. So why would Kawasaki go with a less aggressive (stock) exhaust cam in the 3rd gen?
Does it not necessarily mean less power?
Maybe more linear power?
Emissions?
What???

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
found out the hard way.....

The 09 head is NOT a direct bolt on, yes it dose bolt on the same but the spacing for the throttle bodies are different,
so guess i should know better to ask on a forum but there ya go shit happens.

·
Registered
225 Posts
The 1st gen has the best heads, the intake valve is 1 mm larger over the 2nd, and exhaust valve is 1mm larger.... otherwords, use a 1st gen head on your earlier yr model bike. Just had an 05 head ported... I will use the stock 08 cams, becuse the aftermarket or regrind cams were reground smaller and gained more mid range without topend hp/tq loss. I don't know what to expect, but I am shooting for over 185 rwhp with a thinner headgasket and the head.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
bigger is not always better, I actually epoxy the heads to make them smaller and you would be amazed at what they do...

since the kawi intake race cam for the 04-07's are discontinued you can use a 08 race intake and a 04-07 Stock exhaust cam for best profiles

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
yeah in the end, had to buy some intake rubbers.
all good in the end though....

nice, yeah I had a 08 head on the bench and I think everythign lined up except the intake boots, when using what ever year head you need to use the same year intake boots as the throttle bodies

·
Registered
813 Posts
So is there a direct performance benefit in using an 08-10 head on an earlier model (06-07 in particular) ?

Thanks,
Brian

1 - 20 of 22 Posts