Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if the 08 front calipers would bolt onto the 07 like the ZX14 brakes etc. Thanks ahead of time for any responses.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Wondering if the 08 front calipers would bolt onto the 07 like the ZX14 brakes etc. Thanks ahead of time for any responses.
good Q but to my knowledge no one has done such a swap or test fitment but would be nice to find out huh? :thumbsup:

BD

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
good Q but to my knowledge no one has done such a swap or test fitment but would be nice to find out huh? :thumbsup:

BD
I should have tried that when I had the 08 calipers off the other day. My guess is not.

I base that on the attempts to fit a pair of Brembos I bought for the 06 to my 08 and it wasn't even close, so I sold the Brembos.

The Brembos I bought for my 06 came with 5MM spacers and as such were a perfect fit for the 06-07 because I test fit them to verify. But even with the 5MM spacers the Brembos wasn't close to fitting on the 08.

So my guess is NO. Not a straight bolt on. Just about anything can be fabricated, but a straight bolt on? I say not.

The 08 comes with ZX-14 rotors that are larger than the 06-07's.

JJ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts