Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

New to the board, I just bought an 04 as a second bike.

The bike I bought has a long list of options and one of my buddies was quick to ask about me selling him the Marchesini wheel package but he has an 06.

Can a swap be done?

What fitment issues would there be?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

Alex

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
i know the 06 rims would need a spacer to fit an 04 so my guess would be no. nice wheels though, id keep them! how much is he offering you

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i know the 06 rims would need a spacer to fit an 04 so my guess would be no. nice wheels though, id keep them! how much is he offering you
I would accept $2000.00 US for the wheels, 320 mm full floating front rotors and my Michelin Power CT2 tires are new.

I got the bike with no stock stuff so an exchange + the 2K would be a necessary part of the deal.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Not a bad deal. Throw an ad up in the classified section when you get a couple more post :thumbsup: how much lighter are your wheels over stock?

·
Registered
757 Posts
I would accept $2000.00 US for the wheels, 320 mm full floating front rotors and my Michelin Power CT2 tires are new.

I got the bike with no stock stuff so an exchange + the 2K would be a necessary part of the deal.
you should be able to get that pretty easy if you post them in classifieds.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you should be able to get that pretty easy if you post them in classifieds.
Thanks but the problem would be the logistics of getting it done.

I am located in Canada near Toronto

Finding someone who is somewhat local would be the ideal situation because me shipping and then the buyer shipping his/her stuff to me could get expensive.

What I might do is try and find a set of stock wheels and rotors up here somewhere and have tires mounted on them, that way I could just sell mine without the need for a trade.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
2000 is a lil expensive for those style marchesini's they are hard to come bye but the 10 spoke mags are a lot lighter then those... I picked up my 10 spoke mags for 1750 shipped.... just my $.02 but good luck with the sale!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
2000 is a lil expensive for those style marchesini's they are hard to come bye but the 10 spoke mags are a lot lighter then those... I picked up my 10 spoke mags for 1750 shipped.... just my $.02 but good luck with the sale!
Thanks for the insight as to what new costs, but I figured with new tires and the full float rotors which have to be worth a few bucks at $2000.00 with trade it was a reasonable price to ask.

In your opinion with no trade involved, what is the set worth?

Thanks

Alex

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I didnt really figure in the rotors and tires, if you sell a bolt on an go im sure they are worth that, if it was just rims id say 1500 and under give or take i guess

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Trying to find a set of stock wheels and rotors at a reasonable price so I can just sell my set-up outright with no swap necessary to complete the deal.

I have found out the details of the wheels from the seller.

They are Marchesini cast magnesium and the rotors are 320 mm Brembo.

They were new in boxes up until this Spring.

If anyone has any leads for stock stuff, please pass them on.

Thanks

Alex

1 - 12 of 12 Posts