Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
If I recall correctly, 2006 was the last year of the four piston front calipers. The bolt spacing should be correct, but you will either need to grind off some of the mounting legs (shorten them a few mm's, I think 5, could be 10), or larger rotors.

So, yes, they will bolt on. No, they won't work correctly if just bolted on.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
If I recall correctly, 2006 was the last year of the four piston front calipers. The bolt spacing should be correct, but you will either need to grind off some of the mounting legs (shorten them a few mm's, I think 5, could be 10), or larger rotors.

So, yes, they will bolt on. No, they won't work correctly if just bolted on.
Ted is correct, the 06 did still have the 4 psiton, they are not a direct fit, like he said though. And they are actually not much better either, best bet if doing swaping, is find some Nissins, or the CBR Tocikos.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Ted is correct, the 06 did still have the 4 psiton, they are not a direct fit, like he said though. And they are actually not much better either, best bet if doing swaping, is find some Nissins, or the CBR Tocikos.
Yeah, the real choice piece from the R1 is the master cylinder, but then you have brake light sensor issues, and it may not be that much better than what you have, depending on your year bike.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Hmmm I've got R1 calipers, galfer oversized ZX14 rotors, and a brembo master. Brakes are rock solid!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Yep, you've got the bigger rotors. If I found a killer deal on some R1 Calipers I would jump on that system, but I have no money, and decent brakes already (CBR).

·
Registered
685 Posts
No, I got "oversized" ZX14 rotors. The Stock sized ZX14 rotors (310mm) are larger than the stock ZX10 ones(300mm). I found a rediculous deal on oversized (320mm) ZX14 rotors and snatched them up... :wink:

·
Registered
685 Posts
Do you think the r1 calipers will fit with the zx-10r rotors.
Only if you have the calipers modified... You would need to get 5mm or so machined off the bottom of the mounting boss. ZX14 rotors are a direct bolt on and are 10mm larger as I said above.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Nope, the R1 stock discs are 320mm, the zx10's are 300mm. You will need to grind off 10mm, or get bigger discs.
Oops!!:lol: Disregard my post...

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I don't think the third gen calipers are that much better than previous gens, just the package as a whole is. Then again, neither are the CBR's, but the CBR's are all over the place, pretty cheap.

edit: and, the third gen rotors are 310mm, meaning you would have to shave the calipers or get oversized rotors (zx14 or third gen).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts