Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys I have a question want to see if any one can help me out I noticed today that when I press my clutch I hear like this whining sound. I also started to here like a whistling noise when i ride as well any idea of what this could me any help would be appreciated.

·
Kawasaki Whisperer
1,687 Posts
Whining from the clutch..... hmm. How many miles on your Gen1? Is the clutch stock? Only thing that I can think that makes the clutch whine when you engage it is the clutch bearings may be worn. I am not too knowledgeable on the clutch though. Never had to mess with one.

Can't say I have ever heard any whining sounds from my clutch to go off of to compare. I have 26k on my Gen1 and its been rode pretty aggressively on the track for about 15k of those miles. Original clutch as well.

Whistling noise could be your intake.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whining from the clutch..... hmm. How many miles on your Gen1? Is the clutch stock? Only thing that I can think that makes the clutch whine when you engage it is the clutch bearings may be worn. I am not too knowledgeable on the clutch though. Never had to mess with one.

Can't say I have ever heard any whining sounds from my clutch to go off of to compare. I have 26k on my Gen1 and its been rode pretty aggressively on the track for about 15k of those miles. Original clutch as well.

Whistling noise could be your intake.
I figured the whistling was from the intake just wanted to make sure but that whining from pushing the clutch don't know what that is my bike has 26017

1 - 3 of 3 Posts