Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Stutters from idle to 3500 RPM

So my wife and I rode to a friends house tonight. We stopped just before we got there to pick up some sodas. The gas station we stopped at was about 3-5 miles from their house a lot of uphill. When we got onto their road we were driving slow trying to figure out where it was. Riding the clutch it started to hesitate. When we left their house it was still doing it. When I take off I rev a little bit and slowly let the clutch out. It will start to go and the just bog down. It's only when taking off that I have the problem what do you think?

·
Registered
298 Posts
I just had the same problem, it would bog and sputter from like 2-4k rpm and the take off like no problem. It turned out to be the spark plugs. Not saying its your problem but might be a good place to start. Also check all of your ECU connections.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wouldn't the plugs cause problems across the whole rev range? I think it might have something to do with the clutch?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's getting worse. I'm starting to notice that the problem is happening from idle to 3500 RPM's. It stutters really bad below 3500, but once it gets past 3500 it takes off like a rocket. At first I thought it had something to do with the clutch, but its happening while rolling in first also.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
may be the exhaust or 2ndary butterfly servo?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've been reading a lot about the problem, and I'm gonna change the plugs tomorrow and hope for the best. Talked to the tech at the local shop, and he said if the plugs don't fix the problem that it might be one of the coil packs. I'll post up and let you know.

·
Registered
92 Posts
If the problem persist you might want to do a regulated voltage test. Not sure if zx10's have issue's with voltage regulators but Honda's did. I had the symptoms like sputtering at low rpms. I was also having battery issue's. It was pretty consistent so I performed the test and sure enough that was it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts