Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody running one?im gona order a wegoIII next week,my roomate just installed one on his 1000 last night so were gona see how well it works.super easy to wire up,just gota weld a bung into my sidewinder.

·
Registered
226 Posts
i have run the innovates before and that is a bad ass system for sure. i just finished the turbo kit on my 06, and for peice of mind i wanted a wideband on it. right now i am not logging it, but i wanted the option next year when i have it on the track though. i am using all glowshift digital products on this build and i love them. the wideband was right around 200 and that comes with everything you need, the guage, the bosch sensore, the comp, all the harnesses and the harness to run to the data logger( if you have one all ready). but like i said, i am very impressed with these guages and for the price and the cleanliness of the kits i think they are deff worth lookin into
cj

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
I have one; mine is just a plain ordinary AEM gauge, no logging no nothing. Still a useful thing to have.

So far, I've found that my bike is running unnecessarily rich at cruise, so there's fuel consumption and range to be found. Probably no power, though.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I'm running a wideband commander and have been pretty happy with it. Big help for me at the track. It doesn't have the map suggestion feature like the wego does. It does have programmable outputs on it which will be running my nitrous. Once rpm, tp, and afr parameters are met she's sprayin, get off the gas, or hit the limiter and it's off, so sweet.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i tried that and the signal is too noisy...straight off the coil....gona try and figure out wich one is coming off the ecu

·
Registered
860 Posts
Yep mine is coming right off the ignition coil and no problems. Have you tried an injector yet if the coil wont work?

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
The signal to the tach comes from the ECU, and shouldn't have the ignition noise superimposed on it.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok i got it up and running and this thing is worth every penny to know where the a/f is at when your spraying a 50 shot lol.....the software is kinda tricky to figure out i finally got a clean pass and could see a good log.i really like this system

·
Registered
80 Posts
Where are u guys gettin your WEGO widebands from? How do u log them? Schnitz sells wideband kits but idk if its just a gauge or you get software too and you can hook up to your computer. Or is it extra for the logging feature? Any help would be appreciated!

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
Where are u guys gettin your WEGO widebands from?
Ordered mine from Mary at Superbikesupply. PM Lexusrx
How do u log them? Schnitz sells wideband kits but idk if its just a gauge or you get software too and you can hook up to your computer.
Not sure, mine still hasn't come in. I'll post up more later.
Schnitz sells wideband kits but idk if its just a gauge or you get software too and you can hook up to your computer.
I'm pretty sure they all come as a kit. That includes the software, cables, O2 sensor, and WEGO III. The WEGO III does have a display on it, but the ones shown in picture above is an external display. Again, mine hasn't arrived so I'm working on assumptions.
Or is it extra for the logging feature? Any help would be appreciated!
It's my understanding that it is built into the III and nothing extra is needed.

·
Registered
860 Posts
As far as I know the wego III comes with everything you need to log afr data and retrieve it via usb. I also think it has a map correction suggestion feature. Basically telling you how much to change to reach your desired afr.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As far as I know the wego III comes with everything you need to log afr data and retrieve it via usb. I also think it has a map correction suggestion feature. Basically telling you how much to change to reach your desired afr.
yes you are correct,you can also punch in your target a/f and the table will show where u are at vs your target.i ordered mine straight from daytona instruments and had it in 2 days

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
nolazx10..when your kit comes take a pic of its contents and post it will ya...Am i correct that this system does the same as a pcv with auto tune but more efficiently..

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
nolazx10..when your kit comes take a pic of its contents and post it will ya...Am i correct that this system does the same as a pcv with auto tune but more efficiently..
Sure thing....

... and no it isn't like the PCV with auto tune. The PCV makes adjustments on the fly. The WEGO III just gives you the data to make the adjustments on your own.

I don't know if you have looked at this, but lots of info on Daytona Systems site. http://www.daytona-sensors.com/WEGO3.html

1 - 20 of 51 Posts