Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to piecemeal this by installing an exhaust and then later this year installing the Woolich flash kit.
I am ordering the Racefit Growler for a '13 and they come with a narrowband bung; they will weld a wideband before they ship if I leave it in the notes.
If I have them install the wideband will it be sufficient to simply use a wide to narrow bung adapter like:
https://www.amazon.com/BASSANI-XHAUST-Bushing-Adapters-102P2/dp/B0068EUFQQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1491252401&sr=8-2&keywords=18mm+to+12mm+o2+bung

Please let me know if I'm missing something or if there is a better avenue that I can go with.

Thanks a ton!

·
Registered
450 Posts
That would work, but one problem with those is that sensor will not extend as much as original bung and the reading may be off a bit, the best way is to have them install 2 bungs for you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Chiffeee.

They said they could only mount one unfortunately. :-(
I don't know why they couldn't mount them next to each other and just block the one that isn't being used at the time.

I'm assuming the reading wouldn't be to drastically different that it would cause any damage to the bike right?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Thank you Chiffeee.

They said they could only mount one unfortunately. :-(
I don't know why they couldn't mount them next to each other and just block the one that isn't being used at the time.

I'm assuming the reading wouldn't be to drastically different that it would cause any damage to the bike right?
Some of these company just do one thing and they won't do anything that customer wants,It is too bad, I believe it be ok tell you get your woolich by just installing the adaptor. The narrow band only adjust fuel tell 20% throttle, mostly for emission. being a bit off wouldn't damage the bike ,it can damage the converter which you are removing it anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts