Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, basically so you are informed on what's going on with your bike and others in the Motorcycle World.

I went to AutoZone today to rent a tool and the Parts Counter Guy I know from a few months ago because he asked me what bike I ride because I was in Gear and Helmet in hand.

I said a ZX10R 2004, he said he had a ZX10R 06. I told him how fast I got it stock in the 1/4 mile and he said he did better because he had the engine Modifications but he is a fat fugger like me.

So, Fast forward 2 months later and need the tool, there he is and recognizes me and tells his co-worker there is a ZX10R(I guess they were talking about bikes before I came in because I was in the cage this time :dontknow:)

We get talking again and told him a NEW ZX10R is coming even showed him a Pic I carry in my Pocket from this forum to show others, he liked it but all of a Sudden he spouts out the 1st Gen great bike for this or that something I forgot, the 2nd Gen "KILLER" the 3rd GEN UNDER POWERED :spit:

I tried to explain to him it's the Fastest more Powerful Gen and even Referenced it was the Fastest Bike from 0-180 miles an Hour against ANY BIKE in one MAG test...but NOPE..he would have any of it the test is not legit. :spit:

Anyway...search around fellow members a 3rd Gen should be faster and More Powerful, even I know that but Rider can take that away. :wink:

I just find it disturbing there are ZX10R owners that own the bike but really don't know much other than their bike :dontknow:.......come to the BEST ZX10R site in the WORLD and FIND OUT what's out there and Going ON!!!! :thumbsup:

bloo

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Exactly what that man just said.......spoken like a true professional, as always!!! you should have asked the guy if he wanted to run em' Bloo! Love this forum and would probably be either lost or at least a few months behind where i am with my 10 simply because of this site AND it's members!!!!!

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exactly what that man just said.......spoken like a true professional, as always!!! you should have asked the guy if he wanted to run em' Bloo! Love this forum and would probably be either lost or at least a few months behind where i am with my 10 simply because of this site AND it's members!!!!!
Sorry...forgot that part...1st Time I meet him he said he sold it.....but f'sho I would have no problem to say lets run them just to make sure it's legit. :wink:

·
11,423 Posts
Sorry...forgot that part...1st Time I meet him he said he sold it.....but f'sho I would have no problem to say lets run them just to make sure it's legit. :wink:
Exactly, everyone can talk a good game but it's funny when it comes down to go time how people's attitude changes sometimes. myself included...:badteeth:

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Bloo,

you are right. This is the best forum to stay informed on our 10R's.

Before I purchased my Gen1, I looked around the net for info on the 10

and this place had the most info that was easy to access and had support

from moderators and members. I have learned invaluable information here

and made many friends who will not hesitate to offer advise.

Go ZX10R.NET

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
:+1:
bloo,

you are right. This is the best forum to stay informed on our 10r's.

Before i purchased my gen1, i looked around the net for info on the 10

and this place had the most info that was easy to access and had support

from moderators and members. I have learned invaluable information here

and made many friends who will not hesitate to offer advise.

Go zx10r.net

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Well, basically so you are informed on what's going on with your bike and others in the Motorcycle World.

I went to AutoZone today to rent a tool and the Parts Counter Guy I know from a few months ago because he asked me what bike I ride because I was in Gear and Helmet in hand.

I said a ZX10R 2004, he said he had a ZX10R 06. I told him how fast I got it stock in the 1/4 mile and he said he did better because he had the engine Modifications but he is a fat fugger like me.

So, Fast forward 2 months later and need the tool, there he is and recognizes me and tells his co-worker there is a ZX10R(I guess they were talking about bikes before I came in because I was in the cage this time :dontknow:)

We get talking again and told him a NEW ZX10R is coming even showed him a Pic I carry in my Pocket from this forum to show others, he liked it but all of a Sudden he spouts out the 1st Gen great bike for this or that something I forgot, the 2nd Gen "KILLER" the 3rd GEN UNDER POWERED :spit:

I tried to explain to him it's the Fastest more Powerful Gen and even Referenced it was the Fastest Bike from 0-180 miles an Hour against ANY BIKE in one MAG test...but NOPE..he would have any of it the test is not legit. :spit:

Anyway...search around fellow members a 3rd Gen should be faster and More Powerful, even I know that but Rider can take that away. :wink:

I just find it disturbing there are ZX10R owners that own the bike but really don't know much other than their bike :dontknow:.......come to the BEST ZX10R site in the WORLD and FIND OUT what's out there and Going ON!!!! :thumbsup:

bloo
Heh, I just met a local 3rd Gen owner. I referred him here, we will see if he joins (I made him write it down in front of me LOL) I got the distinct impression that he was a bit new, which is cool. He did like my 1st Gen...but I haven't ridden with him yet. I guess his boy has a 3rd Gen as well, so maybe I can get his boy to join too. This place is a wealth of info, and I made sure he understood that. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I refered a guy here today, too. He has had his 07se since new but still kinda new to riding on sport bikes. He has been on dirt bikes since he was 4 and went to nationals in high school. won Ok state champ in whatever class he ran in 05. If he dones join and become an active member I think he will be a good addition to the forum.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Trying to educate people can be rough. This forum is a great wealth of knowledge. Although I don't necessarily agree that the 3rd gen IS the fastest. I think it SHOULD be, but we had one on the dyno that put down 1 hp less, tuned with a full system, than what mine did. This is comparing the #'s to when my bike was still on gasoline w/ the full M10. I haven't compared run conditions but it shows both 2nd and 3rd gen are very close.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I am on this site 24/7. right after I bought my 10 I wanted to know everything about it. I found this site and I'm hooked. So much knowledge and advice... A lot of people in the motorcycle world are clueless on stuff. Like I met a guy the other day that said his 2006 cbr 1000 would do 210...I just laughed and he was dead serious

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Heh, I just met a local 3rd Gen owner. I referred him here, we will see if he joins (I made him write it down in front of me LOL) I got the distinct impression that he was a bit new, which is cool. He did like my 1st Gen...but I haven't ridden with him yet. I guess his boy has a 3rd Gen as well, so maybe I can get his boy to join too. This place is a wealth of info, and I made sure he understood that. :mrgreen:
With that said though many don't join thinking they know it all already or have the friends or Dealer that will take care of them.......it's really to bad because we have members/Dealers here that are experts on many things but still come here for advise. :wink::thumbsup:

bloo

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Trying to educate people can be rough. This forum is a great wealth of knowledge. Although I don't necessarily agree that the 3rd gen IS the fastest. I think it SHOULD be, but we had one on the dyno that put down 1 hp less, tuned with a full system, than what mine did. This is comparing the #'s to when my bike was still on gasoline w/ the full M10. I haven't compared run conditions but it shows both 2nd and 3rd gen are very close.
I meet a 3rd Gen guy that said he did 145hp on the dyno in the same city....I did 156hp. I told him it don't mean anything(ok Sh*T) that bike is the real deal...because he was also raving he meet a new BMW owner too..... and the owner told him he does 180hp.

I wish some of these owners would come to the forums so they get better Info but sometimes it doesn't happen. :wink:

bloo

·
11,423 Posts
I am on this site 24/7. right after I bought my 10 I wanted to know everything about it. I found this site and I'm hooked. So much knowledge and advice... A lot of people in the motorcycle world are clueless on stuff. Like I met a guy the other day that said his 2006 cbr 1000 would do 210...I just laughed and he was dead serious
:lol::lol: Reminds me of a younger guy i know of here that has a K5 gixxer 1000 and will look you dead in the eye and swear on his mothers grave that he's went 205 on it....on several occasions! he's got a yosh slipon and K&N filter,never tuned or dynoed.. what's funny is when we head out on some back roads going towards angleton i will flat out leave his ass wether it's in the corners and very badly on the straights!!:mrgreen:....and yeh i know the rider BUT i always get a HUGE kick out of being able to outrun a bike that will bust 200!!!! he's always got a :bs: excuse as to why it happens but i just laugh about it. he's a good kid and just doesn't know any better.just because of this it doesn't make me think i have the baddest 1st gen either....just one bad enough to tear his ass up at will...:crackup: I love it!!!!! keep on keepin on fella's!!

·
Registered
860 Posts
Yeah I had a kid at work tell me he had a yzf1100 and it would stomp the shit out of my little old Kaw. I said oh really, why don't you bring this thing by and we'll find out. He proceeded to tell me it had this and that, mixing up first and second parts of names of mods and I got a good laugh. I don't think the kid even has a bike but I still ask him every time I see him if he's ready to race.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good call. Actually, I think most join for information.

Either that or just to talk shit :heyyou:

Can't you do both :heyyou: :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
8 Posts
People are always trying to bash us 10r's because we got what they want! I owe this forum so much in so many ways! If I have a problem or concern with my bike it's on here, along with solutions and answers. Plus, this forum is for the bike and rider:thumbsup:.... No fake blah blah blah about what exhuast looks the coolest, but more about the performance and handeling! Thanks so much for all the help and long live the 10R!!!!!!!!!1

1 - 20 of 32 Posts