Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 415 Posts

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I've noticed as of late somethings that made me think...thought I'd pass them along...here goes.

It seems to me that alotta folks do whats right according to themselves. I will have to admit, that on occation I am good at rationalizing things, to make it what I want...but Im thinking more along the lines of morals.

Perhaps folks dont even realize they do this???

Seems that for most instances, folks are good at heart, but when it comes to a time that doing the wrong thing will benifit NUMERO UNO, then it becomes ok cross the line. Then we hear the "reasoning for it" ahem EXCUSE ahem...

for those of you whom I've lost...Ill give an example.

Abortion:

No one will argue that killing a baby is wrong. Everyone will say thats appauling Im sure! But for abortion...it all of a sudden becomes the "womans choice". Since when has it been someone elses choice if someone lives or dies?!?!?!?!

Some would argue that during the frist trimester that the baby is just a "blob of flesh". I guess that means that all of yall that have kids, could have killed them back when they were only a "blob of flesh" Yeah right.

God says that He knew David "when he was made in secret" Not "after the first trimester. btw, if you belive in that first trimester stuff...I'd like to know that DAY where the baby turns from a blob to a living being...cause thats what you'd have to decide...which DAY...

Maybe thats a little to strong for some though...heres my point.

Where did we get the idea that the individual makes the decision about whats right/wrong? For the most part folks are good...but if you apply that concept, which many do...think about it...then we would have Chaos ALL THE TIME!

Now if you believe that there is no God...and that we are animals...or "king of the beasts"...then my argument should not make sense. Because if you believe in Evolution, then you must belive in survival of the fittests. Not, "majority rules" cause thats another version of people making decisions about what they deem right. And one person is no better than another...

Is killing folks with my car bad...wrong? Sure it is. If we're animals though...how could that be wrong????

I've only had 4 beers tonight...Im fine to drive...Where's the logic in that? It boils down to the fact that folks are selfish. We want to do what WE want to do. Not whats right...and DEFINATLY what God says.

I hope some of you would think about this. Im not saying that we should all be perfect and youre crap if youre not...but just think about what you do. Most folks know whats right and wrong...we just like to change it to suit ourselves.

If you dont know whats right and whats wrong...read your Bible. I dont think anyone can argue that if everyone we're TRUE Christians...IE, folks Truely doing what the Bible says...the world would be a better place.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pro 16:25
There is a way that seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death.

·
Registered
514 Posts
You are absolutely correct. However I would like you to think this over.
We all want to believe that folks are good for the most part, but they are not.
Most of us think its the narrow road of wrong and the high way of right.
I used to believe this my self. If the majority of people were good there never would had been a need for Jesus. The road to salvation is wide only if your willing to take it. The problem is as you said before, our selfishness. To follow the righteous road means you have to admit all the things you were justifying for yourself before were wrong. And most people aren't willing to admit it or give it up. I'm sitting in a position right know that has me wondering if I should sell the 10. Because I sold my boat and trying to get the debt down cause my wife is finishing up her bachelors in nursing and we are trying to get prepared for her clinicals. she may need to cut down on work or quit all together. The 10 is the only extra we have and it only benefits me. So it may have to go cause I'm felling a little selfish cause I sold the boat which was a family toy and kept mine.

PS we had a pastor from Texas visit our church and that was his message.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
the only way abortion seems right is when a women is raped and become pregnent with a baby.... but its still wrong. if anyone would like to know why pm me.

ill give a good example

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
hillcountry10r said:
OK so I've noticed as of late somethings that made me think...thought I'd pass them along...here goes.

It seems to me that alotta folks do whats right according to themselves. I will have to admit, that on occation I am good at rationalizing things, to make it what I want...but Im thinking more along the lines of morals.

Perhaps folks dont even realize they do this???

Seems that for most instances, folks are good at heart, but when it comes to a time that doing the wrong thing will benifit NUMERO UNO, then it becomes ok cross the line. Then we hear the "reasoning for it" ahem EXCUSE ahem...

for those of you whom I've lost...Ill give an example.

Abortion:

No one will argue that killing a baby is wrong. Everyone will say thats appauling Im sure! But for abortion...it all of a sudden becomes the "womans choice". Since when has it been someone elses choice if someone lives or dies?!?!?!?!

Some would argue that during the frist trimester that the baby is just a "blob of flesh". I guess that means that all of yall that have kids, could have killed them back when they were only a "blob of flesh" Yeah right.

God says that He knew David "when he was made in secret" Not "after the first trimester. btw, if you belive in that first trimester stuff...I'd like to know that DAY where the baby turns from a blob to a living being...cause thats what you'd have to decide...which DAY...

Maybe thats a little to strong for some though...heres my point.

Where did we get the idea that the individual makes the decision about whats right/wrong? For the most part folks are good...but if you apply that concept, which many do...think about it...then we would have Chaos ALL THE TIME!

Now if you believe that there is no God...and that we are animals...or "king of the beasts"...then my argument should not make sense. Because if you believe in Evolution, then you must belive in survival of the fittests. Not, "majority rules" cause thats another version of people making decisions about what they deem right. And one person is no better than another...

Is killing folks with my car bad...wrong? Sure it is. If we're animals though...how could that be wrong????

I've only had 4 beers tonight...Im fine to drive...Where's the logic in that? It boils down to the fact that folks are selfish. We want to do what WE want to do. Not whats right...and DEFINATLY what God says.

I hope some of you would think about this. Im not saying that we should all be perfect and youre crap if youre not...but just think about what you do. Most folks know whats right and wrong...we just like to change it to suit ourselves.

If you dont know whats right and whats wrong...read your Bible. I dont think anyone can argue that if everyone we're TRUE Christians...IE, folks Truely doing what the Bible says...the world would be a better place.
:+1: Good post Hill

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
Titanium said:
the only way abortion seems right is when a women is raped and become pregnent with a baby.... but its still wrong. if anyone would like to know why pm me.

ill give a good example
I agree with you that it is wrong in any circumstance IMYO

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
This subject is not a way to win friends and influence people. Two ways to alienate yourself pretty quickly is to start an argument over someone's religious or political belifs. Would I want a girl to get an abortion.......no. Would I stand up on a soapbox and tell people who do have them they are wrong.......no. That is the great thing about this country (at least right now) is the freedom of choice. It is very easy to sit back and tell somebody that the life choices that they have made are wrong, but it's a little harder to walk a mile in thier shoes and then say that the decisions they have made are incorrect. I don't want to flame you because it is your right to believe what you believe, but this whole topic seems as tired as people debating over helmet laws or gay marrige. Let people do what they want, they are the ones who are ultimitley going to have to live with the consequences of thier actions.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lunitk said:
........ Let people do what they want, they are the ones who are ultimitley going to have to live with the consequences of thier actions.
But see thats my point. Why is it a good idea to just say, everyone do what you want. What happens when that effects you? Do you still feel the same?

When someone decides its a good idea to steal your 10r, or your wife, burn your house down...bomb your country...Would you still say, well, let em do it...its their decision...

I agree taking a stance in what you believe in may step on some folks toes...Or "not make friends". Im ok with that though. Somebody needs to say things, and I dont mind being that person. I dont think you could argue that I'm not a friendly person, but you would have a case if you said I had integrity.

If standing up for what I believe in is unfriendly...then...:dontknow:

I have by no means lived through every situation. However I am not naive of folks circumstances. I never said doing whats right was easy...I said we should do whats right instead of being selfish.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Big Daddy said:
mark my words this thread will get locked eventually.

BD
marked! :ayyy:

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
lunitk said:
. Let people do what they want, they are the ones who are ultimitley going to have to live with the consequences of thier actions.
I agree with that. I have peace with myself knowing that I can make good decisions with my life, but at the same time I dont judge people for the decisions they have made in life. As long as I am treated fair we can be friends.

BD predicted the outcome of World GP, I think he is right on this one to. lol

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
im fine with who i am and what i do and i have done alot of bad shit and bad decisions in my life and wouldnt change it for anything. you learn from your mistakes and thats what make you a better person.its called growing up.i dont need a bible to tell me that.

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
lunitk said:
This subject is not a way to win friends and influence people. Two ways to alienate yourself pretty quickly is to start an argument over someone's religious or political belifs. Would I want a girl to get an abortion.......no. Would I stand up on a soapbox and tell people who do have them they are wrong.......no. That is the great thing about this country (at least right now) is the freedom of choice. It is very easy to sit back and tell somebody that the life choices that they have made are wrong, but it's a little harder to walk a mile in thier shoes and then say that the decisions they have made are incorrect. I don't want to flame you because it is your right to believe what you believe, but this whole topic seems as tired as people debating over helmet laws or gay marrige. Let people do what they want, they are the ones who are ultimitley going to have to live with the consequences of thier actions.
Me thoughts we had Freedom of Speach as well:dontknow:

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LEPZ-ZX10R said:
Hill, In the search for right and wrong are you talking about the bible in general or the 10 commandments?
Im talking about all the decisions we make. We make decisions and judgments everyday...

Im talking about using God's Word and Wisdom as basis for our actions instead of our own opinions.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I never ment to imply anyone was not a nice person for stating what they believe. If you choose to rail against abortion & tell people what you think they should be doing then I will choose not to listen (see....freedom of choice). Doesn't mean I like you any more or any less, it just means we believe in different things, but I can still respect your opinion. And yeah it sucks to be a victim because someone made a bad decision, but bad things happen to good people all the time. But if someone decides to rob me or break into my garage and steal my ten they will have to deal with the consequences, which would include staring at the business end of my 12 guage. All I can say is that I try to make the right decisions in my life and learn from the bad ones, like eric said. Lock er' up BD!

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Well I think that everyone has made good points throughtout this thread, but thats just my yankee opinion.

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
While one must learn from his or her mistakes and that is good why not try doing a little research so there is less mistakes. We have a lot of history books and other things as well as the Bible and most things can be learned before you even have to learn them from messin up. But i guess that is why they say history repeats itself.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
hillcountry10r said:
Im talking about all the decisions we make. We make decisions and judgments everyday...

Im talking about using God's Word and Wisdom as basis for our actions instead of our own opinions.
In my opinion I believe that a lot of the decisions and judgements that we make are based on the upbringing that we were afforded as children. Not all but I would say most. Actually I can't speak for anyone else but myself. As the father of 4 I try to set a good example for my children, I try not flip off the guy that just cut me off because my 8 year old is in the car with me. If she was not in the car with me I would have done it even though it's wrong but when emotions are involved it's easy to justify some of the things that we do. I think that all the decisions that we make are based on a specific and unqiue set of circumstances at that given time provided that we are all good folks at heart and have a decent set of morals. God's word and wisdom is just the tip of the iceberg, a starting point for us to seek individuality. I don't believe that there are perfect christians but there are christians that strive for perfection in God's eyes. Yes we all make mistakes and well all make bad decisions at some point or another and it would truly make the world a better place if we could all abide by the "Good Book":thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 415 Posts