Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
If you are using exhaust gas analysis, or even just a wide-band to measure air/fuel ratio, then the secondary air injection system needs to be blocked so that the exhaust gas measurement does not give a false lean reading. But, you don't need block-off plates to do that ... just plug the hose leading to the air suction valve.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
If you are using exhaust gas analysis, or even just a wide-band to measure air/fuel ratio, then the secondary air injection system needs to be blocked so that the exhaust gas measurement does not give a false lean reading. But, you don't need block-off plates to do that ... just plug the hose leading to the air suction valve.
:+1::+2:

for sure when tuning this is a must. other wise you are letting fresh air enter the exhaust system when tuning, although supposedly when under full throttle the valve is closed but if your doing any sort of tuning on the bike its a must to have blocked off from the exhaust system :thumbsup:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes that i understand but if u look at the 08 system, there is no air being injected into the exhaust. vapors r pulled from the valve cover into the airbox only

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
yes that i understand but if u look at the 08 system, there is no air being injected into the exhaust. vapors r pulled from the valve cover into the airbox only
Not correct, the vapors are not coming from under the valve cover, those go directly to small port holes that are actually connect directly to the exhaust ports.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thnks garth. so would placing something into the hose coming from the air box do the same thing as block off plates?

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
you can take a piece of hose and connect both of the outlets of the valve cover together and then then block off the hole that goes into the air box

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
Got my plates done,still pops a lil..O well it will help when i get a few more mods on it and dyno mapped..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts