Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why do some of you guys hate two brothers pipes so much i have one on my 10 and everyone around here loves the sound i have people all the time ask if i would sell it to them for there bike ya not the coolest looking pipe but sounds awesome and loud but not loud enough to be pulled over for

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I don't like their use of the same canister on every bike since '01.

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
its the cycle queer special IMO. But im all for people doin whatever the F they want to THEIR bikes. I wouldnt worry too much about some of these guys opinions LOL

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
Someone already made a thread about this!

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
IMO it's not the sound that most people hate it's the long/ugly carbon fiber canister that has a funky weave to it along with the exposed pipe underneath. I think the best part about buying one is getting the free fender eliminator kit!!!

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
For the most part many people dislike the pipes for several reasons:

1: Can looks bulky
2: The Weave looks funky
3: Is it really brown?
4: Quality seems kind of low (looks cheap)
5: typically does not flow wiht the lines of the bikes that they go on

But if you like it, thats all that really matters.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I think mine looks ok and it gets rid of that big arse box under the bike unlike most the others on the market. :bling:

Looks ok, would look better with the shiny pipe painted black, Did you loose your bar ends?

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
silverbullet200^^^^He is running his bike with some aftermarket clip ons I would think cause where the clip on meets the fork tube it appears the clip on is gold which the stockers are black...But hey I could be wrong just I would think that after looking at this picture...

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
silverbullet200^^^^He is running his bike with some aftermarket clip ons I would think cause where the clip on meets the fork tube it appears the clip on is gold which the stockers are black...But hey I could be wrong just I would think that after looking at this picture...
Gotcha. It was 2:30am so I didn't pay much attention to the clipons just glanced and noticed there was no bar ends.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Someone already made a thread about this!
:+1:

For the most part many people dislike the pipes for several reasons:

1: Can looks bulky
2: The Weave looks funky
3: Is it really brown?
4: Quality seems kind of low (looks cheap)
5: typically does not flow wiht the lines of the bikes that they go on

But if you like it, thats all that really matters.
Good post, but yeah, they're also cheap. Just seems to be the default "I want a pipe because anything's cooler than stock" pipe. Never any real performance application, not even really cool looking in any application. I also add that it's a lot like Icon, in that no matter what they make, no racer seems to like their product, and therefore gets the stunter/poser image.

I don't think so, I see threads in there, and aftermarket clipons generally have little rubber ends.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have the 2 bro's on my cbr 9 hunnit. I love the growl that comes off the pipe & I get props all the time for the sound. Now it does look like a bag of ass, but fugg it, I LOVE IT. IMO that's what it boils down to.

The 10 came with the Akra & it flows real well with the bike, not as loud or throaty & well hell I LOVE IT too.

·
Registered
198 Posts
They are a lower level pipe IMO dia. of the pipe is on the small side, and they arn't really designed for increasing HP. Not a top quality pipe for HP. IMO they just go for a good exhaust note (low and throaty). Most want a pipe to increase performance and their are alot of high end pipes to choose from. But to each their own, if your happy at the end of the day with your money then that's what counts for you.
I run a full Sato Ti and love the look as well as the HP! 173 to the rear tire on the Dyno with a PC3 and a few other small mods. 2 Gen. 10.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts