Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to a few sites to buy some filters for my bike - 2018 ZX-10R. When I go to places like kawasakipartsnation.com or cyclepartsoutlet.com or pretty much any other, I see a list for this:

Ninja ZX-10R (ZX1000RJF)
Ninja ZX-10R (ZX1000RJFA)
Ninja ZX-10R (ZX1000SJF)
Ninja ZX-10R (ZX1000SJFA)
Ninja ZX-10R (ZX1002CJF)
Ninja ZX-10RR (ZX1000ZJF)

I know I can wait till I get home and go through some of the docs and see if anything matches up. I have the VIN: JKAZXCR13JA (minus the last 6 or 7 that is just the assembly line number). While this gives some interesting info ftp://ftp.nhtsa.dot.gov/MfrMail/01-022-N11B-8340.pdf it doesn't match up with how the vendors list the parts.

·
The Pace
7,159 Posts
wtf? New bike and buying parts? lol!

Simply change out the can, dump the fender, and read this 1000 (ONE THOUSAND) times; and I'm not being mean, condescending, stupid, dorky or whatever, just been there done that and watch others do and do and do EXACTLY what you're doing, ALL WHILE PAYING INTEREST ON A BIKE LOAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

read this, 1000 times and apply to your riding loop THAT YOU KNOW WELL:

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Twist-Wrist-Vol-High-Performance-Motorcycle/dp/0965045021/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1531443978&sr=8-1&keywords=Twist+wrist+II[/ame]

·
Registered
460 Posts
wtf? New bike and buying parts? lol!

Simply change out the can, dump the fender, and read this 1000 (ONE THOUSAND) times; and I'm not being mean, condescending, stupid, dorky or whatever, just been there done that and watch others do and do and do EXACTLY what you're doing, ALL WHILE PAYING INTEREST ON A BIKE LOAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

read this, 1000 times and apply to your riding loop THAT YOU KNOW WELL:

https://www.amazon.com/Twist-Wrist-...qid=1531443978&sr=8-1&keywords=Twist+wrist+II
Read the post dude. He's buying some filters for fu*K sake. Let him, me, and anyone else spend our money on whatever it is our heart desires. Modding bikes only helps keep our sport alive by allowing vendors to survive and helping others who need stock parts by used. So take your on advice and start reading instead of typing..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was just buying oil filters so I can do some break-in oil changes! I just needed to know the specific model to get the correct one. When I went looking, I expected to see a simple ZX-10R listing, so I was shocked at the number of variants.

As I drove a Daytona 675 before this, I just saved a "monthly" payment and paid mostly cash. The rest I did on credit card as I had an at-fault vehicle accident 2 1/2 years ago and they want to charge me $5K a year for full coverage.

Anyways, I just need to know what oil filters to get (worst case I'll hit the local shops tomorrow).

And to tread on a likely volatile topic - synthetic or no?

·
Registered
216 Posts
If you look at all the bike models they will return the same oil filter

FILTER-ASSY-OIL
16097-0011

I personally think the best practice is
Mineral oil 0-100km new filter
Mineral oil 100-500km new filter
Mineral oil 500-1000km new filter
Full Synthetic 1000km onwards

·
Registered
89 Posts
The reason for so many options is because of.... bike options.

ZX10RR
ZX10R KRT ABS
ZX10R KRT
ZX10R ABS
ZX10R

For 95% of the stuff the difference is FA. But when you're ordering any externals, brakes, etc that's where the difference is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts