Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my 10 out today for my first ride of the year, did about 80 miles got back and found my rear tire was punctured, what luck. I am seriously pissed right now. I just put it on half way through last season.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, but if you can't race it or screw it, there is no reason to keep it

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
What about a patch/plug combo to save it?

I've always wondered how well those would hold up...

If you wouldn't think twice about getting a new one, I don't blame you.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
that sucks weazel...it could have been much worse though brother...hope you get it all sorted out and good luck

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Tee, how's life treating you these days, last time I checked you were deployed. And on the patch note, I have plugged one tire to get it home, I don't recommend it. Also no shop here will do it I called them all

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Yeah man, I was deployed...I got back to Hood in December and then got sent to Bradley Master Gunner school at Benning in April, so I really haven't been home yet, lol

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome back home (sorta) I am stuck on recruiting duty counting the days until I can get back on the line. Good to see you back though, and you went back to our old stomping grounds, I do miss benning

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Damn, so they snagged you for recruiting duty huh? Some guys in my class are former recruiters and they say they HATED it...You will be back in the line before you know it man, just hang in there

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hell yeah they did, it sucks. I have been out here a year, the sad thing is that I am pretty good at it even though I don't try, at all. Recruiting is awful. And I am far from any Army post, we have some National Gaurd in town, I have never seen so many fat "soldiers". 2 years left,

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
well just stay positive man and those years will fly by and then you can get back to the real Army...I hate Ft. Hood, but my God, these roads are great for riding man...I love it!!

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On it, I got good roads here and plenty of desert to shred on the dirt bike

·
Registered
365 Posts
What about a patch/plug combo to save it?

I've always wondered how well those would hold up...

If you wouldn't think twice about getting a new one, I don't blame you.
Works great. A nail to rear tire. Used tire repair kit and for another 900 miles till i replaced it

Sent from my PC36100 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
554 Posts
Shit happens right? Not the end of the world. Smile and move on :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts