Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Squid
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive had 2 zx10's now and love both, and will love the next. what i dont understand is why everyone wants a yamaha,honda,or suzuki. when you look around you rarely see kawi's when compared to the rest, which happens to just be another reason i love kawi more, be a little different. but when i ride my buddies r1's and hondas and suzuki's they just dont compare to my 10??? any comments?:eek:ccasion1

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
B/c it's much easier to be a sheep an follow the "in crowd" It's too much hard work to be an individual, people are scared to be different. Alot of people are just down right ignorant and don't know any better. They go by what they see instead of doing research and finding out for themselves......whatz....what? People don't even know why they like gixxers. I hear dumb people that don't don't know what they're talkin about say yea I like them there gixsters! They're some bad boyz! That's b/c that's all they see on the road 90% of the time. So they figure oh yea they must be the shit? They're familiar with that factory blue an white an those stupid graphix they put on them. When they see a kawi roll up one solid color they're like damn what's that? Even tho kawasaki is on the tank, an zx-10r is on the tail! "Oh that's one of them ninja's isn't it?" People are stupid! That's why I think Ninja fits the kawi brand so well! It's mysterious, different, deadly, an plays the shadow's instead of the spotlight! Total opposite of what suzuki is about. Just my personal opinion.:hello:

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
yup yup, sheep following the crowd. I mean all bikes have their own qualities and pro's/con's but i'm on my 3rd kawi and i love them. :thumbsup:

P.S. GIXXXTERS ROOOOLE!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
311 Posts
+1 to zig.its easier to follow n conform rather than lead n b different. if kawi decided to b wack put stupid decals all over then they would sell like gixers. but kawi is too cool n lets the bike do the talkin

·
Squid
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'd agree with that i now a guy who has a gsxr750 he's done exhaust sprockets, power commander and some othr stuff and its just a piece of shit. The reason i posted this was because me and two buddys were gttin some food yesterday i have my 04 10, then my buddies 2001 r6 thats been laid down on both sides, and my other buddies 02 r1 thats been laid down on the left side and mine is mint, some kids about 16-18 walked up and didnt even notice my bike just stared at the other two. not that i care but just made me curious:eek:ccasion1

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,134 Posts
The kid may just have intrested in the crashed..My first is a Kawi, my 2nd is a Kawi, my 3rd will be a kawi. (another 05 10) or 2011 we'll see..Kawi is a rear blood line in my neck of the woods too but I don't mined it at all..Sh*t, when I was in Monterey for the GP race, I saw less than a handfull of ZX10's..

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Yeah, I was at the drag races the other day and all you see is Gixxer this and Hayabusa that. I saw this guy ride by my bike with his girl and he stopped and just stared at it like it was an alien or something....I LOVE MY 10!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Yeah, ......, all you see is Gixxer this and Hayabusa that. I saw this guy ride by my bike with his girl and he stopped and just stared at it like it was an alien or something....I LOVE MY 10!
:+1: yep they just stick out of the crowd, even more if they are in green...:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

·
Registered
916 Posts
B/c it's much easier to be a sheep an follow the "in crowd" It's too much hard work to be an individual, people are scared to be different. Alot of people are just down right ignorant and don't know any better. They go by what they see instead of doing research and finding out for themselves......whatz....what? People don't even know why they like gixxers. I hear dumb people that don't don't know what they're talkin about say yea I like them there gixsters! They're some bad boyz! That's b/c that's all they see on the road 90% of the time. So they figure oh yea they must be the shit? They're familiar with that factory blue an white an those stupid graphix they put on them. When they see a kawi roll up one solid color they're like damn what's that? Even tho kawasaki is on the tank, an zx-10r is on the tail! "Oh that's one of them ninja's isn't it?" People are stupid! That's why I think Ninja fits the kawi brand so well! It's mysterious, different, deadly, an plays the shadow's instead of the spotlight! Total opposite of what suzuki is about. Just my personal opinion.:hello:
:+1: on that...

·
Registered
22 Posts
also, where i live bike shops arent that keen to give a test ride!

so i suppose if a pal has a bike ppl get a go, like it and get1 themselfs.

·
Registered
100 Posts
i started diggin on kawis for the there arent many around factor , i have buddies that have the other makes and have rode them and cant complain about them .. in fact honestly i think they ride better than any kawi i have had .. but then i turn around and love the stupid amounts of power my 10 has .. and as much as i dont care what people think its nice to be sitting in a parking lot with a few hundred other bikes and see people stop and look for awhile when they walk by mine because it might be the only one exactly like it they have or will ever see , when you see the yamahas and suzukis with every different mod and in every color every day

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Simply put? I love them...and I rock Kawi's cause my father rides Suzuki's and Honda's. Just to piss him off LOL. I didn't even tell him when I bought my 600 either...I asked him if I could borrow his 919 and when he said no I went out and bought a bike. Take that! :lol:

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
Its funny, i have not seen ONE 3rd gen on the road and im in the f*ckin bay area. Even still i've only seen a handful of first and second gens combined! But every few blocks i see a yami or zuk no sheit. My green 08 is the Alien Freak in the area! HAHAHA~!!!!!

·
Squid
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
same with me i live about 10 15 minutes north of the twin cities and i think im the only zx10r within at least a 50 mile radius if not more:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
345 Posts
Why I ride Kawasaki. I bought an old Kawasaki dirt bike that was laying in the dirt behind a Kawa. shop when I was a kid. I rebuilt it from the ground up and NEVER had a problem with it when I would ride ALONE into the desert for more than 70 miles per day, five days per week. The point is some Kawasakis are solid steel reliable, which is what you can expect from KHL (Kawasaki Heavy Industries). If Kawasaki can't build it right, who can?? The ZX-10R also has the motor and EVERYBODY knows it (including homees that steal bikes). Thats why Ninjas are the most stolen sport bike in U.S.(because they know its the fastest). It's complete bull s&it that a zixxer or anything 1000cc is faster than a 10R. The magazines must be getting sick, defective 10r's to test because nothing (stock 1000cc) of the street can keep up with my 10R WOT through the gears.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Why I ride Kawasaki. I bought an old Kawasaki dirt bike that was laying in the dirt behind a Kawa. shop when I was a kid. I rebuilt it from the ground up and NEVER had a problem with it when I would ride ALONE into the desert for more than 70 miles per day, five days per week. The point is some Kawasakis are solid steel reliable, which is what you can expect from KHL (Kawasaki Heavy Industries). If Kawasaki can't build it right, who can?? The ZX-10R also has the motor and EVERYBODY knows it (including homees that steal bikes). Thats why Ninjas are the most stolen sport bike in U.S.(because they know its the fastest). It's complete bull s&it that a zixxer or anything 1000cc is faster than a 10R. The magazines must be getting sick, defective 10r's to test because nothing (stock 1000cc) of the street can keep up with my 10R WOT through the gears.
i do believe Ninjas are the LEAST stolen bikes while Gixxers are the Most because as many in this post have already stated, there are more NOOB gixxers in the road to rip off period

<http://www.bikernewsonline.com/2005/06/top-5-most-stolen-crashed-bikes.htm>

Most Likely to be Stolen

1. Suzuki GSX-R Series
2. Yamaha YZF Series
3. Honda CBR Series
4. Suzuki Hayabusa
5. Kawasaki Ninja Serie

·
Registered
119 Posts
I can remember as a teenager, going in to the local bike shop and dreaming of owning a sportbike. This was when the Hurricane was still the bike to have and even the Katana was quite popular (why I don't know) but the bike that I kept gravitating to was the Candy Red or Maroon, whichever, ZX-7R! It wasn't flashy or screaming "Look at me" it just looked fast! Weather or not it was wasn't the point. It didn't have pink and purple graphics or gay orange flames over purple! The twin ram air with the hoses going into the tank...it just looked like a monster! If I could find one in mint condition I think I would buy it. Memories....

However when I get together with my buds, they all have gixxer 600's and 750's. They all seem to hover around mine and talk about how bad ass it is and how good it looks. Why they didn't buy one I'll never know. They can keep their zooks...I love my 10R!

·
Registered
871 Posts
every person that ive met on a zx10 has been real cool ive actually had a decent conversations with them about what mods i have done and plan on doing but for some reason every dude on a gsxr or a damn busa wants to race and talk shit it so annoying straight band wagoners i ride a 05 green zx10 when i first got my bike there wasnt too many on the streets and i can appreciate that the ladies love the green also :zx_green:
i had a guy come up to me @ the gas station yesterday and say your bike isnt fast i laughed @ him and asked him
"do you having something that could beat it" ?? he was silent ok i didnt think so i guess since it wasnt a gsxr or a busa it must not be fast i wanted to slapp his ass:nutkick:

·
Registered
213 Posts
:hello:........let me just break it down to the team here. The zx10 came back in 2004. At the time they had the zx7, zx9 and the big dog zx12. The r1, gixxer 1k and busa were the bikes to have and beat. The zx9 and zx12 held it down but needed some help. Kawi reconized and rededicated themselves to putting out the best sportbikes possible. So then born was the first gen zx10r. Kawi vowed to a design change every (2) model years.:thumbsup: Being that I was part of a hard riding sportbike club at the time, I was leaning toward a gixxer (wanted to be part of the in crowd). Being the big Bruce Lee fan I was....and growing up amonst zx11 riders when I was young, having the word Ninja on my bike was a must. When I seen my hommie (who's gixxer got stolen) pull up on that 04 zx10 and admit he couldnt do the freeway wheelies because the bike was so stupid powerful:eyecrazy:. I knew it was the bike for me. My eyes were set on the magma orange 05. But then when I seen how kawi came with the 2nd gen; damper, heavier fly wheel, slipper clutch, etc..there it was.

I'm a freeway rider. I ride high speeds and fear no bike(s) on the road. As a matter of fact when them busa boyz start talking that shitz.....I tell them make me a believer. I havent been sold yet. My bike is a straight azz hole when it comes to power. I have shedded so many tears in my helmet it aint funny:badteeth:.

And as far as the bikes' appeal, please see attached pic. When I roll up on the set this is what I have to deal with, nuff said:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts